Thread: Arrow Recomendation for X system

DonsHarley

Default Arrow Recomendation for X system

I'm currently shooting X Jammers with 5" feathers but I'm getting contact with the cables . So fo those of you shooting the X what shafts are you useing?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Arrow recomendation

I can only tell you what I shoot and that is from A/C/C's to Beman Hunters, all out of X- system bows, all listed below. But then I also have installed the wider axle in the lower cam.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

GT XT's 4" feathers but I have the wide axle's too.

DonsHarley

I forgot to mention I also have the wide axles with about an 1 5/8" between cables.

Post Thanks / Like

Don,

You could shoot 4" feathers instead of 5". I don't know if they have a lower profile though. The other choice, one I've considered, is a feather chopper to make your own feathers lower profile---almost anything you want. There is one available at 3 Rivers Archery with a cost of about $25.00 so it would be very economical to make your own design.

I haven't shot 5" feathers for a very very long time so don't know just how high the profile is. 4" parabolics are usually about 1/2". Add the shaft diameter of about 3/8" and you shouldn't have any problem with getting through the cables if they are only 1 1/4" apart. 1 5/8" should be just a piece of cake.

I like the chopper idea myself. I would think having a lower profile would make the feathers a bit stiffer and maybe give a little more drag or at least an equal amount to make up for the higher profile.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

I shoot 3" Vane-tec V-Max vanes and have plenty of room. Even with narrow axles. They are also the toughest vane I have ever found.

I use three vanes, but if you go with 4, you actually get more cable clearance. It seems backwards, but it is true. 4 vanes have more room between the cables.
    Last edited by copterdoc; 06-03-2010 at 02:03 PM.

DonsHarley

Quote Originally Posted by copterdoc View Post
    I shoot 3" Vane-tec V-Max vanes and have plenty of room. Even with narrow axles. They are also the toughest vane I have ever found.

I use three vanes, but if you go with 4, you actually get more cable clearance. It seems backwards, but it is true. 4 vanes have more room between the cables.
    What shafts are you useing?

Post Thanks / Like

55/75 Goldtip Pro and Hunter.

KStigall

I shot Flex Fletch FLP-400's on the older X-Jammers through X cables and shot my highest spot scores (59 and 60 x's). I used the regular axles.