Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dang it!

southern outlaw

No new bow. Since I do not have a dealer Joel wanted the whole bow again to fit the upgraded parts to. Maybe this will be the last time I have to use customer service I hope.

Destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by Montalaar View Post
    It will not happen.
    It should.

Quote Originally Posted by southern outlaw View Post
    last time I have to use customer service I hope.
    I hope so too mate. This is quite a big deal to all those ppl who just might be in the market for a new Martin bow.

southern outlaw

Well Martin got the bow on thursday. Well see what she looks like in a week or so. I hope this time it gets firecat limbs instead of firehawk limbs put on.

Post Thanks / Like

Outlaw,

You have the wrong idea here. Both the FireCat and Firehawk have the same limbs and cams. The only difference is in the length of the riser and string/cable set. And of course, the logo on the limbs.

With some luck Martin may upgrade you with 2010 limbs (4 layer instead of 3) and 2010 Roto cups, cams and new strings. Whether the 2010 limbs are any better or not is still a question in my mind.

I had this done to my 2008 FireCat and so far they have worked OK, but I don't push my bows hard either. 50# limbs that peak at 53# and I've only been shooting it at 45#. Working my way back up after some medical problems.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

southern outlaw

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Outlaw,

You have the wrong idea here. Both the FireCat and Firehawk have the same limbs and cams. The only difference is in the length of the riser and string/cable set. And of course, the logo on the limbs.

With some luck Martin may upgrade you with 2010 limbs (4 layer instead of 3) and 2010 Roto cups, cams and new strings. Whether the 2010 limbs are any better or not is still a question in my mind.

I had this done to my 2008 FireCat and so far they have worked OK, but I don't push my bows hard either. 50# limbs that peak at 53# and I've only been shooting it at 45#. Working my way back up after some medical problems.
    No I dont have the wrong idea. The last time I sent it in this winter Joel installed 2010 layered limbs and cat 2 cams. The limbs were the ones with the red layers. They put firehawk logos on my limbs last time so when I got the bow back I had a firecat with firehawk limbs. I know they are the same limbs . I didnt complain cause I was just wanting a dependable bow that I dont have to cringe every time I draw it back thinking I heard the dreaded splitting sound. I realy thought they got er done last time but I guess not.
    Hopefully this will be the one. I am losing confidence with every repair.
    I got the nemesis last week and I am really liking it even though I admit I am expecting the limbs to crack on it too. Can you blame me with all the trouble I am having out of my firecat? Maybe they will send me an alien x
    for putting up with this crap for so long!
    I dont push my bows hard either. A 70 lb firecat shooting at 61-62 lbs and a 390 grain arrow. None of my other 6 bows I have owned over the last 2 years have any problems with that combo. Just the martin.
    Sorry for the RANT! Just had to vent!

Post Thanks / Like

OK, I stand corrected. I can understand your reservations though and won't argue what doesn't need argued. I do wonder about all the cracked limb threads I've been reading. Too many if you ask me.

By the way, do you know just what limbs are on your Nemisis? They are probably Barnsdale. Check the underside near the limb butt and if it has a three digit deflection number then they are Barnsdale. Good luck to ya.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

southern outlaw

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    OK, I stand corrected. I can understand your reservations though and won't argue what doesn't need argued. I do wonder about all the cracked limb threads I've been reading. Too many if you ask me.

By the way, do you know just what limbs are on your Nemisis? They are probably Barnsdale. Check the underside near the limb butt and if it has a three digit deflection number then they are Barnsdale. Good luck to ya.
    Yep barnsdales which I was releived to see. I am hoping for the best. I have had good luck with barnsdale limbs . I have a frankenbow that I put barnsdale limbs on and have no issues. I have a pearson z 32 with barnsdales and have no issues. I had an 07 iron mace with barnsdales and no issues. I am hoping the firecat gets the new rotocups so that way if these limbs fail I can at least order a set of barnsdales for it. I asked Joel if they had barnsdale limbs in house he could put on my firecat and he told me " Not any more".

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Nemesis with Barnsdales. I was checking the cam timing after putting a set of custom strings on it - using a hook on the ceiling. The hook broke and it bent both cams/modules, shreded the strings and sent the cable slide into some blackhole never to be seen again. I examined every part of the bow and re-built it with the same limbs.
    Now with 1200-1500 shots thru it - it shoots just as good as new.
    Very tough limbs!!!

southern outlaw

I wish barnsdale would take Martin to school on limb building.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up me too

heck yeah ill take one of those bonus things too gimmie gimmie