Thread: Dry Fired Cheetah - Broken Cable Slider..?

Jerry-MCAC

Question Dry Fired Cheetah - Broken Cable Slider..?

Hi guys, got a bit of a problem..

Not entirely sure that this is the correct name for it, but I'm looking for a cable slider (the little white piece of plastic that keeps the pulley cables out of the way of the bow string) for a 2009 Cheetah..

little bro dry fired my cheetah the other day and broke the cable slider..!!

As far as I can tell, the bow is fine, it has no visible cracks, full draw is fine, although I havent fired it again since, because of the cable slider..

If anyone has any idea where I can get one of these, (tried the Martin website, but couldnt find one..) it would be grately appreciated..

Also, I know a bow should never be dry fired but I'm really shocked that there is no damage to the bow, is this normal, do Martin dry fire bows for testing, any info would be great..

Cheers..

Jerry..

Post Thanks / Like

You can find a cable slider in any archery shop, they are made of teflon and there are a lot of options. You'd better take one similar to the factory slider. If you go to a pro-shop, take the bow with you to be inspected - i have dryshot mine twice, but for more then 18 months after this i have no problems with it. You never know - one bow can be dryshot several times and it'd be ok and another will break from a single dryshot. Good luck!
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Jerry-MCAC

Ahh, thats ok then, I thought I would have needed a specific Martin one, I've seen a few that look quite similar, so I'll try pick one of those up this week..

Yea I must get my bow checked out at a pro shop this week too, I thought that would have wrecked it straight away, but hopefully it'll be ok..

Thanks,

Jerry..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry-MCAC View Post
    Ahh, thats ok then, I thought I would have needed a specific Martin one, I've seen a few that look quite similar, so I'll try pick one of those up this week..

Yea I must get my bow checked out at a pro shop this week too, I thought that would have wrecked it straight away, but hopefully it'll be ok..

Thanks,

Jerry..
    You can buy the cable slide from martin Here

It's in their online store under "Bow Parts". It's super cheap! But Martin charges a $9 shipping fee so if you were to ONLY order that part, you might as well just go to a pro shop and get one for about $10-12.

However if you have other stuff to order, I've noticed that Martin's prices in the online store are pretty cheap, with the exception of their bows and a few other items.

-Masta