Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bengal Owners Post you comments on Bow!!!!!!!!!!

Myk

I shoot my Bengal at 70lbs with no problems.
    My friend was watching me yesterday and saying that all he could hear was the string wooshing and then thunk to a stop.

I didn't do anything special to tune it and get it shooting great.

tarpoole

I also have had problems with my bengal.It is hiting all over the place when i first bought the bow it was cuttinbg the serving had to take it back to the pro shop and have the cam worked on.I got it back and still it was causeing alot of damage to the serving at the cam took it back and i finally paid and had a winners choice put on.I got it back yesterday,still all over the place,my cable gaurd is just missing my fletching,i got my center shot ,shot through paper.hour and half later i ended up with rest as far right as it will go and sights as far left as they will go. at 20 yrds still hiting high left.i am at my wits end......My pro shop and me are getting tired of seeing each other,to close to season to do much but pray!

Myk

You had the cam "worked on"???? It should've been replaced if you took it to a dealer.
    I don't understand what putting on a WC string would do if the cam is still damaging your strings other than to damage a more expensive string.

Lay an arrow against the side of your window, right next to your arrow. Parallel to that is how your arrow should be. If it is not at least close then you have a spine problem (adjust draw weight and use different weight points to rule that out), a torque problem (most likely) or a fletching clearance problem (very easy to rule out).

Lay an arrow on the shelf under your arrow. If you use a loop that should be close to where it tunes for level. By adjusting how much space you give between the arrow and the lower knot you can get bows to tune level.

That is how I initially set up all of my bows. If the center shot is away from center and it's not vane contact I know it is me and nothing else (I know my arrows are correct). I'll use paper tuning but it's to figure out what I'm doing to the grip.

tarpoole

When i first bought the bow from my local pro shop, the cam cut the orginal serving to pcs because it so far out .i took it back in and had it reserved.Since then i had to take the bow back in and have it reserved.i was getting tired of this. so the pro shop said that a WC would work better, so he kept the bow for a couple of days and when i got it back it wasnt cutting the string anymore i could tell that the cam had been worked on (debured).Im not a dummy i know that he got me on the string but i just wanted the bow fixed.Every pro shop in my area that deal with martin is so busy that they cant get to it this close to season .Ok, i have had others watch me for torque and i have really watched my grip if there is torque it is very little.I have bought and tried different size arrows(ics 340,ics 400,black hawk 4000 and black hawk 5000@27 3/4") to rule out spine and different tips with no luck.My rest is a NAP 4000 micro adjustable drop away .Tried setting the bow from 58 to 65 lbs.My vanes are clearing my cables.I backed the limb bolts back down to about 58 lbs and the grouping is better but still to the left.I tried the suggestion that you made.Any more suggestions would be helpful

Myk

I'm not into drop aways but I think some people have had fletching clearance problems with NAP drop aways.
    Powder or lip stick it and see if any of it comes off on the vanes.

Here's about how your hand should look. If you play around with slight variances while paper tuning you will see how big a difference a little change can make.
    I really don't see how anyone can see if you're torquing other than with high speed photography.
    Attached Images Attached Images

joelc

Quote Originally Posted by slackster5101
    I have traditionally shot Mathews and I will continue to shot Mathews after my purchase today. I own a Mathews Swithback it is by far a more superior piece of archery equipment that the 07 Bengal I bought today! It is smoother,faster,quieter,better engineered bow. The Bengal is all over the place. It has cam lean on the axis so bad when I draw the bow it pops a crackles. Its noisy on release and inaccurate. I have adjusted the cable guard trying help the problem it did not help. I have about 50 shots on the bow and the cables show wear on them already from the cam eating them. So for those of you asking about the Bengal save your money for another month and buy a Mathews or you could buy my Bengal off Ebay because thats where it will be first thing Friday if I can't get some good answer's from the Martin folks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Take it to your dealer. We will gladly replace it if we cannot fix the problem.

joelc

Quote Originally Posted by tarpoole
    When i first bought the bow from my local pro shop, the cam cut the orginal serving to pcs because it so far out .i took it back in and had it reserved.Since then i had to take the bow back in and have it reserved.i was getting tired of this. so the pro shop said that a WC would work better, so he kept the bow for a couple of days and when i got it back it wasnt cutting the string anymore i could tell that the cam had been worked on (debured).Im not a dummy i know that he got me on the string but i just wanted the bow fixed.Every pro shop in my area that deal with martin is so busy that they cant get to it this close to season .Ok, i have had others watch me for torque and i have really watched my grip if there is torque it is very little.I have bought and tried different size arrows(ics 340,ics 400,black hawk 4000 and black hawk 5000@27 3/4") to rule out spine and different tips with no luck.My rest is a NAP 4000 micro adjustable drop away .Tried setting the bow from 58 to 65 lbs.My vanes are clearing my cables.I backed the limb bolts back down to about 58 lbs and the grouping is better but still to the left.I tried the suggestion that you made.Any more suggestions would be helpful
    What your dealer did was give you horrible advice. If you had a problem with that bow he should not have talked you into purchasing a $100 set of strings to solve the problem. I would have replaced the stock ones for FREE. It is likely a machining error which we could fix by swapping parts or replacing the bow.

mtshooter

Thumbs up 07 Bengal

I won my choice of any Martin bow through Martins Wild Extremes and I chose the Bengal because of the parallel limbs. I wanted one that was close to the Equalizer that I was buying. I had a month to get it set up, tuned and ready for the Slammin Goats with Nathan hunt. I had never even held a Martin Bow. With in an hour I was shooting the best groups I had ever shot, on the fourth round I even Robinhooded, and on the 24th of August I took a P & Y Antelope at 35 yards with the Bengal. By the way it was my first archery harvest. It is the smoothest drawing bow I have ever shot. I have not had a problem one with it and I have not touched my Hoyt SeirraTec or my Bowtech Equalizer since I received the Bengal. IMO it is the best choice I could have made.