Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A question to Bfisher

Post Thanks / Like

Default A question to Bfisher

Barry, sorry but i'll bother you with one more question. What is the size of the threaded part of the stabilizer? We use the metric system and it'll be a pain in the neck to explain what i want to the mechanic, so if i can say something like 3/16 it'll be easier Thank you!
    P.S. If you wonder why threaded rods are sold in our archery shops (from my previous message), it was a mistake from hurrying - i meant hardware shops
    P.P.S. Barry, you've reached the limit and can't accept PM's anymore, that's why i post this here.
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

I may not be Barry but the size is 5/16" UNF.

You can buy them in archery shops here.. :P
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Simon! I need to know this because i have a project for making a 12" stabilizer which i've discussed with Barry. It will be a steel and rubber wheels monster .....Don't know whether it'll work at all, but will give a try.
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Barry, sorry but i'll bother you with one more question. What is the size of the threaded part of the stabilizer? We use the metric system and it'll be a pain in the neck to explain what i want to the mechanic, so if i can say something like 3/16 it'll be easier Thank you!
    P.S. If you wonder why threaded rods are sold in our archery shops (from my previous message), it was a mistake from hurrying - i meant hardware shops
    P.P.S. Barry, you've reached the limit and can't accept PM's anymore, that's why i post this here.
    Simon answered your question. Now leave me alone for five minutes (LOL) so I can clean out my mail box. Tee Hee. Maybe take those pictures I promised.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Alex, shoot me a pm with your design idea. I really like to think about those things beside my job at the university.

I am building a stabilizer out of a fiverod Genesis and a cheap monorod carbon one. Well... i plan to..
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

OK, Simon. I can't connect my camera to the computer now so there can't be any pictures, but i'll try to explain my idea in the PM. It'll be a simple one, not so hi-tech as your plans

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting idea. Might work!

I just took a look at my parts and found out that i missed one so i cannot start to build it.
    The basic idea is to connect the mono to the multirod stabilizer. The mono can be slid around the multirod so the length can be changed by around 20 cm (~8"). The different lengths will have an effect on the noise level of the whole system but also on the vibration dampening effect.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Montalaar View Post
    Interesting idea. Might work!

I just took a look at my parts and found out that i missed one so i cannot start to build it.
    The basic idea is to connect the mono to the multirod stabilizer. The mono can be slid around the multirod so the length can be changed by around 20 cm (~8"). The different lengths will have an effect on the noise level of the whole system but also on the vibration dampening effect.
    Sounds interesting too. When we are ready we can post the results here. I'll make a video of shooting with different stabilizers (or without any) to hear if there's any difference.

Post Thanks / Like

As soon as i have free time and am sure that my bow does what it is supposed to do i will make another video for my YT-series.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

Will be glad to watch it. I know your YouTube channel, but may be you have more then one?