Thread: cables and timing

AlienX

Default cables and timing

I am having an issue with noise form my bow. From previouse posts people have mentoined ATA length and timing how do i adjust ATA length Im a little long. this is allnew ground to me i thought it was all done by majic or vodoo so do i need a bottle of rum and a bucket of chicken to sacrifice? anyway if some one could tell a newb how this is done it would greatly apperciated.

thanx Clay

AlienX

guess not

Post Thanks / Like

Sure there is help out there. I just lack time and knowledge to verbalize what i would do.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

AlienX

cool vid btw montalaar.
    hows about anyone pointing to a real good link

Post Thanks / Like

Firstly, I assume you are referring to an Alien X.

Excessive noise can be a symptom of several sources, such as loose components on the bow, loose draw length module screws, an incorrectly adjusted STS, cams out of sync and even cams scraping against limbs.

OK, probably the best thing you can do is go to this link archerytalk.com and join up. Once a member, do a search of JWT and send him a private message stating you have just bought an Alien and would like to join the Alien Mafia.

The Alien Mafia is a sub group of Archery Talk and IMO is a must to join if you own a Rytera bow. I own an Alien and have learnt many things through being in the Mafia.

One thing I learnt was that string and cable length is critical and that is the first thing you must get right. You firstly need to draw a diagram or take pics of where the strings and cables go. After that you then loosen the limb bolts almost to the end of the thread then take off your string and cables.

When you take the cables/string off be careful to leave the twists as they are, that is don't undo or add any twists. You are now ready to measure them.
    To do this effectively, you must attach a 100lb weight to each, to give it the correct stretch. The STRING should measure 54.5/8" and each CABLE 36.1/8"

If they are not correct, add or subtract twists until they are. When you have them right, put them back and double check that they are correctly in place and also that the limbs are seated properly.

Lastly, turn the limb bolts to their max and again check everything is correctly in place. Then measure ATA and brace height and if they are a long way out, you will need to do some twisting and untwisting, but do the above first and get back to us if there is a problem.

Also, if this is all too daunting, you'll have to find yourself a good tech in a local bowshop, oh, and please join the Mafia you won't regret it.

Hope this helps

AlienX

awesome thank you very much

AlienX

ty for your help i just removed and measured my string and cables my string is good but my cables were 1/4 and 3/8 out i should have expected that i just had the place were i bought it re-serve the cables. thanks alot i sent a pm to jwt just waiting to be let in

Post Thanks / Like

Good stuff, glad to help out.

First thing I did when I joined the Mafia was read every thread on it, heaps of good stuff to get thru. i'm 'Kanga' on AT and AM if you need to PM.

AlienX

thanks again im Rytera X on AT and AM