Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Razor X Hybrid ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    The thought that Scepterman is always there watchfull in the shadows, reading and thinking, waiting to be summoned is a little frightening. I must think twice before write something dumb here.
    Ya'll do such a great job explaining things it would be redundant for me to say anything. But yes I am always here lurking in the shadows.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scepterman30x View Post
    Ya'll do such a great job explaining things it would be redundant for me to say anything. But yes I am always here lurking in the shadows.
    Glad you are. Barry and Simon do a really great job, but the more the better. And we miss some of the other senior members like flytier, elk4me, sandsquid, etc.
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

Alec is just inactive because of all the other things he has to do...
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

Alex you should try shooting with him watching and critiqueing (sp?) your every move and statement! When Bfisher comes to visit, it makes it twice as hard to concentrate.
    '09 Warthog, QAD HD, Sword Centurian, Scott Sabretooth

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you are. Barry and Simon do a really great job, but the more the better. And we miss some of the other senior members like flytier, elk4me, sandsquid, etc.

BTW now that you mentioned it...where are these folks?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wisecane View Post
    Alex you should try shooting with him watching and critiqueing (sp?) your every move and statement! When Bfisher comes to visit, it makes it twice as hard to concentrate.
    I wish i could, but it's a long way from the Balkans to Florida... You're lucky you have a great coach, i shoot alone and nobody corrects my mistakes. By the way have you tried to concentrate in the company of an angry cat? Each time she sees me with a bow she comes and starts mewing like insane. Can't understand what causes this: the sound of the string, the vibration of the limbs or the flight of the arrow
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scepterman30x View Post
    [/COLOR]

BTW now that you mentioned it...where are these folks?
    As Simon said Flytier/Alec is too busy (he has mentioned working and going to college), but don't know anything about the other guys. May be they prefer AT or have no time.Hope they are ok!

Post Thanks / Like

I wish i could, but it's a long way from the Balkans to Florida... You're lucky you have a great coach, i shoot alone and nobody corrects my mistakes. By the way have you tried to concentrate in the company of an angry cat? Each time she sees me with a bow she comes and starts mewing like insane. Can't understand what causes this: the sound of the string, the vibration of the limbs or the flight of the arrow
    I know what you mean...I used to shoot some of my best scores with my two boys at home and at tournaments. Imagine two little rugrats saying Dad,Dad,Dad etc. nonstop while you are focusing on shooting. Talk about conditioning yourself mentally. I actually miss it now, ones 17 yrs. old and the other 12. They have their own lives now and only come to dad when they want something.

Post Thanks / Like

I just love how some of these threads turn into good ole fashioned BS sessions. Nice to have a good group of guys that get along so well---from all parts of the world, too. Being the only active moderator around here, you guys make my job easy. Lets me feel like just "one of the boys".

So what happened to the other guys? I can tell you that Elk4Me moved on to another bow company. A couple years ago he lost his job and was having some financial difficulties for a while, which is understandable. A man has to feed his family. I've seen his user name on AT a couple times. His name is Matt, if I recall correctly.

Alec is probably busy with school work. At least I hope so. It would be nice to see some posts by him once in a while just to make sure he's still kicking.

Can't say what happened with Sandsquid (John). I think he's still on AT. He has a wife and two daughters that shoot competitively so I imagine that keeps him hopping. If he's like me he's on a half dozen different forums so probably cut back on this one. Also I know he was having physical problems, neck I believe, and was hampered pretty well for a while.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, you're right about the BS sessions, Barry. My apologies to Sawdust2, hope he's not angry at us.