Thread: Css on 09 Cheetah

Post Thanks / Like

Default Css on 09 Cheetah

hey guys

Does anyone know weather you can put the css containment cable system on an 09 martin cheetah?

upsides / downsides of doing it if it can be done?

and would it effect warranty?

Thanks guys/girls

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up rh stage 2

i think u can put them on but i believe you have to change the cables , too make them a half inch longer , i have heard some folks use the same cables and turn down the draw weight , i dont think thats the best way ,as far as the warranty goes u be best be callin martin ,but i think it would not have any affect on ur warranty hope this helps

J758

Yes u can put the ccs on it with a longer cable I think right on the web site there are cam charts and stuff I would look there. I don't think that it is worth the trouble and I shoot the bone hunter (dicks name) same bow. Very nice bows. I'm shooting 289 fps with it at 70 lbs. I put a diffrent plastic piece on my carbon slide to make it quieter cause when its humid out it made it screch just a tad.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wadlin View Post
    hey guys

Does anyone know weather you can put the css containment cable system on an 09 martin cheetah?
    Yes you can. Martin suggests to also install a 32" cable (comes with a 31.5" with the standard cable guard), but you can use your 31.5" cable. It will cause a ~5-10lb increase of your draw weight if you keep the shorter cable.

upsides / downsides of doing it if it can be done?
    Upside: It's smoother, Quieter, Less Vibration, Looks Cool, Available in camo.
    Downside: It's kind of expensive (~$50), especially if you factor in replacing the cable (Another ~$25) and Install if you can't do it yourself.

and would it effect warranty?
    Nope. It's a Martin factory accessory, so your warrenty will be fully intact.

I did add it to my Bone Hunter (Cheetah) and I like it. But most will say it's not woth the $$.

HTH

-Masta

J758

I think that this paticular bow is very quiet! At least mine is and I have done no modifications to it. Other than a fall away rest. I think its already smooth and quiet I had the money to buy. Mathews or hoyts shot them and then shot this bow and I liked how it felt better than any of the other bows! Gotta love martin products! I think a lot of archery is mental so what works for you might not be so good for the next guy.