Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2009 to 2010 limb conversion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gibson 787 View Post
    P.S. Sorry for the non-archery post!

No problems with the non-archery stuff and I totally agree with your sentiments, to me it just didn't feel like a real world cup. The whole atmosphere was really flat.

And thanks for the compliments for us Aussies and our brothers next door!
    You're welcome! I was wondering why do you buy all your spare parts, isn't your bow under warranty?
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

I agree.

But in my eyes most of the games are not as good as they were the last time. in 2006 i volunteered and participated at some of the finales here. That was AWESOME atmosphere. This time it is often just boring. Not even the game but also the whole atmosphere.

And i have to agree one more time:
    The game germany - ghana was somewhat boring. I did some university stuff while watching.

I hope that at least the all whites will make it! Let's see some haka..
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

You're welcome! I was wondering why do you buy all your spare parts, isn't your bow under warranty?

Hi Alex

OK, I only buy parts for bows I have bought second hand on AT and the Warthog is one of those. Several of my Martins were bought locally and they all have the life time warranty.

The reason I bought the Warthog second hand was $$$$$. In Australia, it retails for around AU$ 1300.00, whereas, to my door second hand from the US, the Warthog cost me approx. AU$ 500.00. That was when our dollar was at 93 cents however.

I have found also, that the local Martin dealer, Archery Mart, can sell me parts at a very reasonable price, in most cases lower than what they would cost me had I bought them from Martin.

All the best
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gibson 787 View Post
    Hi Alex

OK, I only buy parts for bows I have bought second hand on AT and the Warthog is one of those. Several of my Martins were bought locally and they all have the life time warranty.

The reason I bought the Warthog second hand was $$$$$. In Australia, it retails for around AU$ 1300.00, whereas, to my door second hand from the US, the Warthog cost me approx. AU$ 500.00. That was when our dollar was at 93 cents however.

I have found also, that the local Martin dealer, Archery Mart, can sell me parts at a very reasonable price, in most cases lower than what they would cost me had I bought them from Martin.

All the best
    Dave
    I see now, Dave. It's cool you've found a good dealer. By the way how many Martin bows do you have?
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Montalaar View Post
    I agree.

But in my eyes most of the games are not as good as they were the last time. in 2006 i volunteered and participated at some of the finales here. That was AWESOME atmosphere. This time it is often just boring. Not even the game but also the whole atmosphere.

And i have to agree one more time:
    The game germany - ghana was somewhat boring. I did some university stuff while watching.

I hope that at least the all whites will make it! Let's see some haka..
    Yeah, the 2006 World Cup was great, but unfortunately Italy won Let's hope the next matches will be more interesting. Alas for New Zealand!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Yeah, the 2006 World Cup was great, but unfortunately Italy won Let's hope the next matches will be more interesting. Alas for New Zealand!
    I watched the game germany vs. italy as i was a 'security volunteer' at that location. Man, i miss that times. So many nice people just meeting to enjoy the game and have fun..
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

see now, Dave. It's cool you've found a good dealer. By the way how many Martin bows do you have?

In total, six Martin/Rytera bows. First one bought in 1980 and the last May 2010.

There are 4 Martin dealers in Australia but the closest to me is over 500 ks away, none in my state and it's amazing how the prices vary from dealer to dealer! Luckily the shipping is fairly cheap within Australia.

Post Thanks / Like

Completed the Hog 2009-2010 conversion today. Had to do a lot of cable twisting as the ATA was 1/2" long and brace height 3/8" short.

Finally got everything to spec, tuned the cams, nock point etc and took her outside. Tell you what, building a draw board was a worthwhile exercise, sure helps with cam timing.

Anyway outside and I got off 40 or so shots then set about tuning bare and fletched shafts through paper at 5, 10 and 20 yards. Ten minutes later, bullet holes!

With 410 gr arrow, 65# DW and 29" DL, Im getting 290fps which is about the same as it shot prior to the conversion. I could probably advance the cams a little, but I'll wait til it settles in a bit more.

Been a good day except I missed out on getting tickets for the Eagles concert in December. 3 shows sold out in 30 minutes!!! Crappos!!! Wife will not be happy.