Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dang it!

southern outlaw

Thumbs down Dang it!

I was shooting my firecat today and I noticed my limbs are cracked again! This was the 4th set. The last time I sent the whole bow to Martin and it got the cat2 cam upgrade and the new limbs with the red laminations. I thought for sure this was the end of my problem. This is my favorite bow to shoot and hunt with! Is it even possible that Martin makes limbs that can hold up to the cat cams? I am thinking barnsdales but will daves limbs hold up any better?
    I am at wits end. Is there hope that I can have a trouble free firecat?
    I have an alien nemesis coming. I hope I have better luck with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by southern outlaw View Post
    I was shooting my firecat today and I noticed my limbs are cracked again! This was the 4th set. The last time I sent the whole bow to Martin and it got the cat2 cam upgrade and the new limbs with the red laminations. I thought for sure this was the end of my problem. This is my favorite bow to shoot and hunt with! Is it even possible that Martin makes limbs that can hold up to the cat cams? I am thinking barnsdales but will daves limbs hold up any better?
    I know what you are going through.
    I think there are some different possibilities now.
    1) Send the bow in again and get a whole new bow.
    2) Get barnsdale limbs instead. Martin has them on stock as all Rytera bows come with them.
    3) Concentrate on your new Nemesis which will work just fine. It has Barnsdale-limbs preinstalled.
    (2) Martin ShadowCat 2010

Destroyer

This was the 4th set.
    This is your 4th set? Thought I was having a bit of bad luck with my Martin. Must say that I admire your patience mate.

What arrow weight are you shooting?

southern outlaw

I am shooting it at 61 lbs draw weight at 28.5" draw length and shoot a 390 grain axis and 380 grain radial x weave out of it.

It seems everytime I get it dialed in and it is shooting great this happens. I was shooting groups at 60 yards with it yesterday morning with field points and broadheads. I drew back and heard that nasty cracking sound. After inspecting it not one but both limbs were cracked in the limb fork. This bow has very little cam lean now with the cat2 cams and I thought that was what was causing the limbs to crack like that. Guess I was wrong.
    Im going to try and get ahold of Joel tomorrow morning.
    Last edited by southern outlaw; 06-06-2010 at 07:06 AM.

Destroyer

I am shooting it at 61 lbs draw weight at 28.5" draw length and shoot a 390 grain axis and 380 grain radial x weave out of it.
    Would have thought your arrow weight is fine. Both limbs going at the same time sounds like a manufacturing problem maybe.

Post Thanks / Like

was shooting my firecat today and I noticed my limbs are cracked again! This was the 4th set. The last time I sent the whole bow to Martin and it got the cat2 cam upgrade and the new limbs with the red laminations. I thought for sure this was the end of my problem. This is my favorite bow to shoot and hunt with! Is it even possible that Martin makes limbs that can hold up to the cat cams? I am thinking barnsdales but will daves limbs hold up any better?

Just a long shot, but maybe there is a problem with the riser. Have you checked your ATA on both sides of the bow to see if the measurements match?

In reality I think they should send you a new bow.

good luck.

southern outlaw

I am playing phone tag with joel this morning. I hope I can reach him today as I have to work the rest of the week and cant call during Martin business hours.
    On a brighter note I got the nemesis today and I just threw a prong rest on it set it to 28.5 draw and let a few arrows go. It dont get no better!
    I might have to add an x to my stable also..

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah - yer gonna love the Nemesis !!!

Destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by gibson 787 View Post
    In reality I think they should send you a new bow.
    I totally agree. Actually think they should send you a bonus for all the trouble you've gone through.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    I totally agree. Actually think they should send you a bonus for all the trouble you've gone through.
    I want a Bonus, too. After the second set within some weeks and waiting ~2 months for the third.

I will not happen.
    (2) Martin ShadowCat 2010