Thread: LF Martin Cougar Magnum M-15e info.

MrDoggss

Talking LF Martin Cougar Magnum M-15e info.

Many years ago I bought a Cougar Magnum at a pawn shop...cheap. It took me forever just to find out what type of bow it was. A Cougar Magnum M-15e. I assume the 'e' is for the Energy Cam since this has a much different style wheel than the M-15's I see pictured. The archery history image shows my bow and lists the name, but I can't find squat about this bow anywhere.

As far as I can tell this thing still has the original cables. I have replaced the string a few times.

Is there a manual for the M-15e itself? Or just the one for the M-15?
    What are the specs for this bow?
    Also any info on the Energy Cam setup would be awesome.

I love this bow, and I would like to get more info on it.
    Last edited by MrDoggss; 06-21-2010 at 11:34 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

First I'd like to welcome you to the Tech forums. Unfortunately I don't have the slightest idea about this bow. I did Google it and came up dry. As for being on Archery History, just what year did you find the bow listed under?
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

MrDoggss

Default History page...

I found the image in the 1980-1989 section at this site.

http://www.archeryhistory.com/compounds/compounds.htm

My bow is item 'E', although mine has a black grip and unpainted cams. Possibly done by the previous owner. I did manage to locate an owners manual that covers this bow, but it also covers several others and is SO general about the info. I'm going to scan it in and I'll link it in another post later.

Post Thanks / Like

Yo man, that's from the 1983 catalog. Sorry to say, but that was long before my interest in Martin. Can't help ya.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

MrDoggss

Default I'll keep looking...

I'll keep looking for more info, there HAS to be some info somewhere. Maybe?

Destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by MrDoggss View Post
    I'm going to scan it in and I'll link it in another post later.
    Good stuff!

Post Thanks / Like

a friend of mine purchased a bow at a garage sale. it has Cougar Magnum on the limbs but that is the only markings on the bow. I too found the bow I was looking for on (http://www.archeryhistory.com/compounds/compounds.htm). My friends bow is item 'E', although it is metallic gold color, a tan grip, the limbs are completely black and black cams. my friend can not pull the bow at its current setting. that would make it the M-15E. I can find no other info on this bow. the manual for M-15 does not show the cam. does anyone know if I can crank the limbs all the way and then back them off 5 1/2 turns to get to the minimum setting? what is the pull range with cams? is it 55 - 70 like the M-15? I would post pictures but cann't for some reason.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bubulooy View Post
    I would post pictures but cann't for some reason.
    Welcome to the forum. I believe once you post 10 times you should be able to post pictures.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com