Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Pantera Cam Modules

Unregistered

Default New Pantera Cam Modules

Just bought a new Pantera. The manual that came with it doesn't list the Acu-Track cam. I believe the modules change your draw length by one inch. What I can't figure out is, I have 7 modules (F-1 thru F-7), and the bow is only supposed to adjust from 26" to 31". Can someone clarify this for me?

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up walla walla land

what mod do u have on it now ?

Newmrtn4me

F-5 mod is on now. Can you explain the rest of the cams?

Newmrtn4me

Sorry , I wanted to ask if you could explain the rest of the modules also.

guntercb

Did the bow come with all seven of the modules? I feel cheated at the shop I bought my bow they only gave me the module that was on the bow.

Cheers,
    Chris

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by guntercb View Post
    Did the bow come with all seven of the modules? I feel cheated at the shop I bought my bow they only gave me the module that was on the bow.

Cheers,
    Chris
    You did get cheated. Every bow with cams that use "F" modules are shipped with a full set of them. F1 thru F7. An honest dealer would have given you the rest.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Newmrtn4me

Question

Bfisher is correct the bow came with all the mods. Can someone explain what draw length is represented by each mod if the bow is only supposed to have 6" of draw adjustment? Why didn't Martin include the Acu-Trac Cam in the new manual?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Newmrtn4me View Post
    Bfisher is correct the bow came with all the mods. Can someone explain what draw length is represented by each mod if the bow is only supposed to have 6" of draw adjustment? Why didn't Martin include the Acu-Trac Cam in the new manual?
    Follow this.

F1...........26"
    F2...........27"
    F3...........28"
    F4........skip this one
    F5...........29"
    F6...........30"
    F7...........31"

Now don't ask me why Martin says that the F4 doesn't do anything. Obviously it has to be for some sort of draw length, and being as each mod goes up an inch I'd have to say it's for 29". Who knows.

Best way to figure out what the draw length is is to physically measure it. I never ever rely on the limb sticker on a bow for this information. It's very unreliable. Whether a bow measures what the sticker says ordepending on which module is on it, is totally dependent on whether the string and cables have been installed to bring the bow to it's stated draw length. If it isn't done before shipping then it should be done by you or the shop you do business with, a friend or someone who knows what they are doing.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Newmrtn4me

Smile

Thanks for the info on the mods. I agree with your suggestion on measuring the actual draw length, thanks again.

guntercb

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    You did get cheated. Every bow with cams that use "F" modules are shipped with a full set of them. F1 thru F7. An honest dealer would have given you the rest.
    Bfisher,

Thanks for the information. I wonder how much Martin sells the modules for. I don't want to step into the shop I bought my bow from for this reason and several others.

Thanks,
    Chris