Thread: Cat 2 to Nitrous B ?

bj61

Default Cat 2 to Nitrous B ?

I have a Firehawk with a new set of Cat 2 cams to be installed on it. I don't really like the Cat 2's and was wondering if anyone knows if I can replace them with Nitrous B's maybe even the X system. Anyone done this mod? any advice would be appreciated

Post Thanks / Like

What year FireHawk is it? Reason I ask is that I was just looking to do a conversion. I wanted to take the Nitrous X system from my 2005 ShadowCat and put it on my FireCat. The FireCat has 2010 limbs and Cat2 cams.

Checking it out I found that the space between the limb forks is too narrow for the Nitrous cams. A real bummer because I was really looking forward to seeing just how the Nitrous cams would perform on a parallel limbed bow.

The distance between the 2010 limb forks is .710" and the Nitrous cams need close to .800" so it isn't going to work with my bows. Bummer.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

bj61

Default 09 firehawk

Surely i could open it up just enough for the nitrous cams. Thats a small amount to take out with a file. I really liked my notrous c cams on my slayer and probably never should have sold it. I also really liked my mpro cam as well. I wonder if it would work on the firehawk. I'm not stuck on speed at all just stuck on a feel. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by bj61 View Post
    Surely i could open it up just enough for the nitrous cams. Thats a small amount to take out with a file.
    I wouldn't touch the limbs. You might be able to slim down the spacers?

Post Thanks / Like

My actual limbs miss a chip on the inside of the limb fork where the axles goes through. No problem until now. I think that filing them and using with the way less agressive Cams could work AND last.
    (2) Martin ShadowCat 2010