Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pantera poundage

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    No I don't think you HAVE to shoot heavier to get more speed. With the slower bows it helps. Spine? My 340's are still 'bullet hole' with the extra 6# and noticeably faster even though the increase should have only been 10-12 fps. I wont shoot a real light arrow, too much stress on the bow.

The 340's is what I have (2 doz of them) is all I will have for a while. Shooting a lighter arrow works yes, but it means $$$ which I'm saving for another bow (hopefully). I don't see any number of tweaking with the M-Pro picking up enough speed.

If you cannot handle the weight? Yep shoot a faster bow IF you can afford it, if you can handle the difference in where the cam peaks (and holds) in the draw and if you have the opportunity to make the choice. But your right, a bow with cats will shoot much faster than with soft cams all things being equal. Sometimes though, there is more to how you choose a bow than the mechanics of it all.
    OK, now I have a better understanding of why you made the choices you did. I do respect those choices, too. I do have to admit that you guys in Aussie land and Europe really have some high prices for archery gear.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    I do have to admit that you guys in Aussie land and Europe really have some high prices for archery gear.
    I was told buy a dealer once that the extra cost keeps the industry going here. So we have local shops that can always look after us, provide a good service unlike those horrible US stores!