Thread: Peep Twist Problems

treeclimbincanuck

Default Peep Twist Problems

Hey Guys
    I recently bought my first bow, a Pantera, and have to say I'm really happy with the quality and performance of the bow. I can already tell if I buy another bow it will probably be another Martin lol. The only problem I've run into has been string twist and peep twist. My bow has the stock string on it, will this problem stop once the string has stretched?? Is there anything that I can do short of buying a new bow string? Or should I just spend the money and buy a good string that won't give me these problems??
    treeclimbincanuck

Post Thanks / Like

Give it a few hundred shots, then move it to where it lines up properly. Give that a shot no pun intended...
    09 Bengal 29" @ 68#
    Truglo 5 pin
    Trophy Taker Extreme
    NAP Nightmare 100grn
    Blackhawk Vapor Pro 3000 265grn

enovotny

I had to buy a new string to eliminate the problem. I know I shot plenty of times to "break in" the factory string (over 300)

RobD

Quote Originally Posted by treeclimbincanuck View Post
    Hey Guys
    I recently bought my first bow, a Pantera, and have to say I'm really happy with the quality and performance of the bow. I can already tell if I buy another bow it will probably be another Martin lol. The only problem I've run into has been string twist and peep twist. My bow has the stock string on it, will this problem stop once the string has stretched?? Is there anything that I can do short of buying a new bow string? Or should I just spend the money and buy a good string that won't give me these problems??
    treeclimbincanuck
    It will stop.After some shooting. You could get a peep sight with the Peep aligner That has a tube that hook to your bus cable. No matter if it twists,when you draw your bow it will line itself up. But you don't need a new string. Give it some time. Here's one to look at,so you know what to look for. http://cgi.ebay.com/Archery-Compound...item1c0bf4c55d
    Last edited by RobD; 10-04-2010 at 12:30 PM.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Break in period on most strings is approx 100 shots. And understandably annoying. If you have a d loop and it is tied right. You can adjust your peep as it breaks in. I've built custom strings, that are stretched properly, and they usually only take about 20 to 25 shots to settle in. If it didn't settle in and kept turning your loop is not right.
    Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    Break in period on most strings is approx 100 shots.
    Yep, usually all it takes. If it keeps twisting, measure your ATA and if it keeps getting longer, you may need to do a warranty claim.

2010 Pantera?

Post Thanks / Like

I've got the smae problem with my 2010 Pantera. I bought it in July and have put well over 300 arrows through it. The string continues to twist. My peep aligner is the only thing that saves me but still annoying. Many have suggested a new string, but the season open in like 10 days, so I am not sure I want to change the string out and go through everything this close to the season. I am just going to keep shooting it an hope that it straightens out. I have seen other posts that the string should be switched and that Martin is now aware of the problems and suggests a new string.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    Yep, usually all it takes. If it keeps twisting, measure your ATA and if it keeps getting longer, you may need to do a warranty claim.

2010 Pantera?
    Have you seen a price on Martin's new Hamerhead strings yet?
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter25 View Post
    but the season open in like 10 days, so I am not sure I want to change the string out and go through everything this close to the season.
    I wouldn't change it being so close either, just keep an eye on the ATA. As long as its not too bad keep shooting. Yes, very annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    Have you seen a price on Martin's new Hamerhead strings yet?
    Nope, but I would like to.

Post Thanks / Like

I actually called Martin yesterday. Talked to the rep for quite a while. While he was aware of the issue, he suggested tome to keep shooting and it should straighten itself out. Other options were to replace the string which I have decided to do and to keep the string waxed pretty good. After each session of shooting, it should be waxed again.