Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is this Bow?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What is this Bow?

Can anyone give me any info on what bow this? Exact model, year etc etc, couldn't even find an image of the same bow on google.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Martin Slayer, probably from 2006.
    Limbs are 16" SE limbs.
    Cams are Nitrous Cams (C base, that means the largest of three sizes) with the shoot through system.

Search for Martin Slayer X to find more pictures. In 2008 the bow has been produced with CAT-Cams instead. In 2009 it has been discontinued and replaced by the Martin Warthog.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for that, just downloaded the 2006 manual.

What are peoples opinion of this bow? Anything i need to know good or bad, things i should do or change?

This is my first bow.

Cheers

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to have one May be isn't the best bow to start archery with, but is a great shooter if you are an experienced archer. If you have no experience with compound bows, my first advice is to lower the draw leight to about 45 pounds. I wouldn't touch anything for now, just put a good (long enough) stabilizer. If you have any questions we all will be glad to help.
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

J758

I'm busy drooling over that right now. Very nice bow just crank her down and shoot a hundred times a day and you will be fine. Form is the key starting out. I would even consider getting a coach if I were u justs starting out!

Post Thanks / Like

FYI...those are 14" SE limbs. SE limbs were never offered in 16". The 16" limbs just say Martin, not SE.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Me too

Quote Originally Posted by nzgrip View Post
    Thanks for that, just downloaded the 2006 manual.

What are peoples opinion of this bow? Anything i need to know good or bad, things i should do or change?

This is my first bow.

Cheers
    2006 Slayer was my first compound bow, and as you can see in my signature, I like 'em, even if they are a bit heavy. Nothing has changed on either of my Slayers since I first set them up, over three years on the 60 #er, gonna need new rigging on that bow after Deer season is over, can't change now, my Deer season starts Jul 10th. Fuzzy horned Blacktails!
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

J758

Your so lucky your season starts soon! Our bow season doesn't come untill october! Very nice bow huh! I got back on just to look at the pic again!

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=nzgrip;27989]Can anyone give me any info on what bow this? Exact model, year etc etc, couldn't even find an image of the same bow on google.

Thanks

That is a GREAT bow and looks to be in excellent condition.!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bcriner View Post
    FYI...those are 14" SE limbs. SE limbs were never offered in 16". The 16" limbs just say Martin, not SE.
    You are right, i am sorry for my mistake.

I always wanted a Slayer. Unfortunately it is just too short for me.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL