Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is this Bow?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    I'd like to have one May be isn't the best bow to start archery with, but is a great shooter if you are an experienced archer. If you have no experience with compound bows, my first advice is to lower the draw leight to about 45 pounds. I wouldn't touch anything for now, just put a good (long enough) stabilizer. If you have any questions we all will be glad to help.
    so why do you say it's not the best bow to start with? And what would be a minimum length stabilizer to use? this will be used for some hunting rather than target.

Gotta say knowing the year and model has made it a lot easier to get info about it

Post Thanks / Like

Slayers are awful bows, just terrible. But since you are new here and we want to make sure you feel welcome, I'll take it off your hands for $100 U.S.
    '09 Warthog, QAD HD, Sword Centurian, Scott Sabretooth

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nzgrip View Post
    so why do you say it's not the best bow to start with? And what would be a minimum length stabilizer to use? this will be used for some hunting rather than target.

Gotta say knowing the year and model has made it a lot easier to get info about it
    Sent ya a PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nzgrip View Post

It's a dual cam bow,also has a shorter brace height which is a little hard to shoot if you're a newbie. That's all If you lower the poundage at the beggining this will help and after some practise you can go back to the higher poundage. About the stabilizer - i believe such a bow needs a good stabilizer, especially for a begginer - it will absorb some of the vibrations and may be will help with the hand shock (if this bow has any). The longer stabilizers work better, but you can also try Limbsaver X-Coil, i've heard only good things about it.
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wisecane View Post
    Slayers are awful bows, just terrible. But since you are new here and we want to make sure you feel welcome, I'll take it off your hands for $100 U.S.
    Yeah, i'm ready to give a little extra - around 125$, just because i'm a generous person.
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

125$ tyd? Oh well..

I take it for 150$ + postage fees.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

Simon, do you really want to outbid me for this terrible bow? Just think about these useless Nitrous cams and the pathetic speed of this old bow...
    Now serious - Nzgrip, you've taken a great bow, have a nice time with it! If you have any questions this forum is the right place. Stay in touch!

Post Thanks / Like

I have a set of those Nitrous "C" cams (silver) lying around that I took off of my BulletX...I don't want them. I have a set of cat cams to replace them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bcriner View Post
    I have a set of those Nitrous "C" cams (silver) lying around that I took off of my BulletX...I don't want them. I have a set of cat cams to replace them.
    Does your bow have reinforced limbs? The CAT cams can be used only with them as far as i know.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I have a set of limbs too. Been shooting Martins for 22 years. Well aware of most all the custom rigs and changes and requirements. I think it will be a good shooter.