Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new Pro-x firecat

SonnyThomas

Default new Pro-x firecat

Quote Originally Posted by duffy View Post
    hi sonny, what is the winners circle in a bow magazine?
    Winner's circle is a expression. It basically means the boys or girls in the top three of each class.

It is a rare feat for anyone to score high enough with a short ata bow to place in the top three. Here, the vast majority of those placing and winning have bows of 38 inches of ata or more. My shortest bow is 37 7/8" and my longest is 41 1/2".

To us, instinctively, means use of fingers and no sights. Here again and especially here, the longer ata bow is desired. Short ata bows pinch the fingers way too much.

I've heard bows and archery equipment over there are high priced, but if my conversion is correct, 3000 pounds = $4498.45, I could buy about 5 top end bows over here. Saying "You're getting ripped off" doesn't even begin to tell the story.

Wish you well in your archery events.

SonnyThomas

Quote Originally Posted by duffy View Post
    hi sonny, what is the winners circle in a bow magazine?
    Winner's circle is a expression. It basically means the boys or girls in the top three of each class.

It is a rare feat for anyone to score high enough with a short ata bow to place in the top three. Here, the vast majority of those placing and winning have bows of 38 inches of ata or more. My shortest bow is 37 7/8" and my longest is 41 1/2".

To us, instinctively, means use of fingers and no sights. Here again and especially here, the longer ata bow is desired. Short ata bows pinch the fingers way too much.

I've heard bows and archery equipment over there are high priced, but if my conversion is correct, 3000 pounds = $4498.45, I could buy about 5 top end bows over here. Saying "You're getting ripped off" doesn't even begin to tell the story.

By the way, beings your a hop and skip past the big pond, I'm writing this at 5:45 pm my time (central time, State of Illinois in the U.S.A.)

duffy

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    That sounds better. Scotland - is it Border Archery? They are from Scotland as far as i know. The "handmade" explains the 3000 pounds. If we were in another forum i'd ask do you like them, but since we are here i won't
    certainly is border archery, but ill keep the chat about the bows with wheels

duffy

Quote Originally Posted by SonnyThomas View Post

By the way, beings your a hop and skip past the big pond, I'm writing this at 5:45 pm my time (central time, State of Illinois in the U.S.A.)

the price i mentioned was for 2 firecats priced at 400each, and 3 wooden bows around 800 each, so my maths was wrong 3200aprox.

i personally havent tried the longer a2a as thought the longer bows were mainly for target archery (that is the generalisation from the uk or at least my impression of it) i have a short draw of 27" and dont find finger pinch to be an issue, as i have said i am quite new to compounds and am on a steep learning curve, so fingers crossed i learn to shoot well with my martin bows, no going back now!! many people i meet on field shoots in the uk have got shorter a2a bows for instinctive shooting off the fingers and longer bows with a release aid and all the extras - maybe its a uk thing or just where i live.

im from essex in the uk about 30minutes south out of london

SonnyThomas

My hunting bow, a Hoyt MagnaTec, has a 37 7/8" ata, the same as my target bow, a Hoyt ProElite. My 3D bow has a 38 1/2" ata. My other target bow, a Martin Shadowcat has a ata of 41 1/2".

Perhaps these links will help. You can see past magazines of Archery and a multitude of bows and helpful articles. NFAA website www.fieldarchery.com
    John Dudley website www.dudleyarchery.info

duffy

Quote Originally Posted by SonnyThomas View Post
    My hunting bow, a Hoyt MagnaTec, has a 37 7/8" ata, the same as my target bow, a Hoyt ProElite. My 3D bow has a 38 1/2" ata. My other target bow, a Martin Shadowcat has a ata of 41 1/2".

Perhaps these links will help. You can see past magazines of Archery and a multitude of bows and helpful articles. NFAA website www.fieldarchery.com
    John Dudley website www.dudleyarchery.info

cheers for that sonny i will take a look, hope to talk with you on the forum again