Thread: scepter cams

02shooter

Question scepter cams

The 1999-2000 Scepter I have has small cams with the mark 0 on them, will the new Furious and Furious-X cams interchange with them? Looking for more let off any ideas?

02shooter

Post Thanks / Like

Yes you can replace them with the furious cams/x cams. But you would be better off replacing them with the NOS A cams/x cams with the HL mods which I have some for sale. PM me if you are interested.

Coop

Default Sorry to butt in...but,

Scepterman,,, What makes the Nos cams better on the Scepter bows? Alot of people love them(NOS).. an I would really like to hear...

Thanks,
    Coop

Post Thanks / Like

It has a somewhat better wall (not comparable to a wall produced by a draw stop), the draw cycle is a tad more agressive and so it produces also more speed.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    Scepterman,,, What makes the Nos cams better on the Scepter bows? Alot of people love them(NOS).. an I would really like to hear...

Thanks,
    Coop
    Along with post #4, the NOS cams are easier to adjust for one thing i.e. tuning and such. The engineereing is top notch, they have bearings and not bushings and one thing I like is the fact they have a wider foot print across the axle for better side to side stability.

I did a post a while back about the benifits of them on AT or this sight. I will see if I can find it and repost it.

Coop

Default Thanks guys..

By chance would you know if their were NOS cams made for 31.5 to 32 inch draw length? I have a S4 Elite, left hand, '09... & would the string & cable length change?

Coop

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, the small "A" cam was normal size for out to 30", so a "B" cam on the elite will kick it out there those extra couple of inches.