Thread: Pantera and string coming off CSS

guntercb

Default Pantera and string coming off CSS

Hello,

I have a Pantera that I had to restring and now I am finding I have an issue with the ccs system. When I pull back the bow and let down, on the let down some of the treads on the string are coming off the left pulley to the right of the pulley (view as shooting the bow) of the css. The majority of the string is staying on the ccs, but some of the treads are seperating from the string and are not on the pulley.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Chris

Post Thanks / Like

May be the best is to serve the string and cable where they pass through the CCS.
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

guntercb

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    May be the best is to serve the string and cable where they pass through the CCS.
    I guess my next adventure is learning how to serve. Do you have any suggestions? I am going to go do some research, I know there is lots of information on serving in the internet.

Thanks,
    Chris

Post Thanks / Like

Serving is pretty simple. I would advise you to get a good string serving tool (e.g. the Beiter one). Maybe go to a bow shop and watch them serving you cables so you can do it yourself the next time.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

There are tones of videos about serving in YouTube. If you have the patience you can serve withiout the special tool - i've done it on 4-5 of my homemade bows - takes about 15-20 minutes (without a hurry) for 3". The serving on your bow must be tight so my advice is, if you've never done it and don't have the tool, you'd better go to a pro-shop this time. You'll see how it's made and the next time will do it without problems yourself.
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Coop

Default Here's one...Kenny's pretty entertaining while reserving.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MfjJ...eature=related

Coop

PS I've read where 'Halo serving material' is pretty tough material to use...

Post Thanks / Like

Kenny is a great guy. Check his website bowtuningtips.com -you'll find a lot of useful info about tuning your bow. He's registered in this forum, but has only one or two posts, it's easier to find him in YouTube or via his site. I used to "talk" with him quite often, but he has a tv show now and is quite busy.

guntercb

Thanks for the information on serving.

I was thinking maybe I have the cables and string mixed up going through the CCS. Can someone tell me which side the cable should go through if you are looking at the bow as if you are shooting it? I am hoping that maybe I have them crossed and that is the issue. I don't really want to deal with serving the string and cable if I can help it.

Thanks,
    Chris