Thread: Shooting from the wall

Post Thanks / Like

Default Shooting from the wall

Can someone explain to me the difference between using a draw stop and shooting from the wall? Is there a difference in accuracy, speed?

I have been told that at some shoots drawstops are not allowed.

Thanks,

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, so all Limbsaver bows, most Mathews, Hoyt and i think all Bowtech and PSE bows should not be allowed as they all utilize a draw stop since 2009 or even before.

A drawstop gives a much more definite anchor point as you are not able to pull the string anymore. Shooting from the wall in means of shooting without a draw stop will not give you the possibilitie to control your draw as good as with a draw stop.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Montalaar View Post
    Oh, so all Limbsaver bows, most Mathews, Hoyt and i think all Bowtech and PSE bows should not be allowed as they all utilize a draw stop since 2009 or even before.

A drawstop gives a much more definite anchor point as you are not able to pull the string anymore. Shooting from the wall in means of shooting without a draw stop will not give you the possibilitie to control your draw as good as with a draw stop.
    Not only this, but some modules are designed with a flat area so that at full draw the bow feels much like a draw stop. Would you think these are illegal, too. Somehow I think you are misreading a rule somewhere or not interpreting it correctly. Can you post a link? I'd like to read it for myself.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

SonnyThomas

Default Shooting from the wall

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Not only this, but some modules are designed with a flat area so that at full draw the bow feels much like a draw stop. Would you think these are illegal, too. Somehow I think you are misreading a rule somewhere or not interpreting it correctly. Can you post a link? I'd like to read it for myself.
    Gotta go with bfisher. As for drawing, the only thing I can think of being against rules is in some Traditional/Recurve classes. Here, you are not allowed a clicker to use as a indicator or, if you will, a draw stop.

Montalaar; If one properly trains and has their bow set up properly I can't see people pulling the string to the point control is lost. However, I know people who use "back tension" cry like babies over not having a solid back wall as they are more muscling the release to fire - pulling the bow apart until the release fires. Here, they would have better off Creep tuning, maybe. Use of proper back tension does not require a hard or solid wall as that they have used bt releases with wheel bows, stick bows and recurves.
    I have a friend complain that the Pearson Z34 and TX4 (single cam versions) have so soft a walls that his accuracy is terrible. The same friend also cries that the Hoyt Cam & 1/2 is as bad as the Pearsons above (Hoyt, solid draw stop on bottom and long flat groove in top module). He also learned "back tension" overnight. Well, actually the same afternoon he bought one.
    Last edited by SonnyThomas; 06-30-2010 at 12:21 PM.