Thread: Arrow weight for firecat pro-x

duffy

Default Arrow weight for firecat pro-x

Just a quick question

i am going to wind my bow up to 60lb. dl 27"

currently i am using a mixture of arrows but at 500spine, and ranging from 360-380grain for the whole arrow, are these arrows ok to be shot from my bow when it is at 60lb, i am aware it is over the recommended 5gpi per lb = 300gn.

do people try to get close to the 300gn or do they go heavier.

Post Thanks / Like

The weight is okay (too light for my taste, but won't do any harm to the bow), but i don't like the spine. I'm not a spine expert, but think you must take stiffer arrows - around 400 i guess, depending on the different manufacturer.
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

duffy

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    The weight is okay (too light for my taste, but won't do any harm to the bow), but i don't like the spine. I'm not a spine expert, but think you must take stiffer arrows - around 400 i guess, depending on the different manufacturer.
    i have 100+ arrows at 500 spine, i guessed they are on the weak side, just wanted to make sure ok at 60lb, i bought a few dozen 5575 gold tip exp hunter arrows that come up about 390-400gn which i will use these when the others get lost or broke.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duffy View Post
    i have 100+ arrows at 500 spine, i guessed they are on the weak side, just wanted to make sure ok at 60lb, i bought a few dozen 5575 gold tip exp hunter arrows that come up about 390-400gn which i will use these when the others get lost or broke.
    Sounds good to me, but some other people would say that underspined arrows won't be accurate Can't you sell them or make a change with somebody? Also you can try using heavier tips.
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Also you can try using heavier tips.
    Lighter tips Alex, lighter. If the arrows are shooting good enough then use them. 500 is a bit light for 60# but as long as it works......

Can you shorten the arrow any? You could also go to light inserts like the Easton MicroLite inserts (if they fit) and save 10 grains. This will stiffen up your arrow a bit.

duffy

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    Lighter tips Alex, lighter. If the arrows are shooting good enough then use them. 500 is a bit light for 60# but as long as it works......

Can you shorten the arrow any? You could also go to light inserts like the Easton MicroLite inserts (if they fit) and save 10 grains. This will stiffen up your arrow a bit.

thanks for the replies, think i will use the 1s ive got for the time being, then the ones that arent made up i could shorten i little. (as i usually like a couple of inches past the rest.

thanks