Thread: Unhappy with Pantera when to sell???

guntercb

Default Unhappy with Pantera when to sell???

I need to vent, I am unhappy with how my bow purchase has gone so far. In February 2010 I bought a Pantera and the dealer has not been as helpful as I had hoped. Then my bow string start showing wear at the idler wheel. Martin has replace my idler wheel and string. I was very impressed with the customer service. However, after I replaced my string I am having issues with treads of the string coming off the CCS system. This will either result in my learning to serve string to fix the issue as suggested in another thread or I am seriously thinking of getting rid of the bow and trying another manufacture's product. I have just been spending more time working on my bow than shooting and and I am very frustrated. I don't really want to buy serving tools to serve the the string and cable were it passes through the CCS and find out there is some other issue.

Am I the only one to have issues with the CCS system? Is my Pantera just cursed? Do other people have issues with their Panteras?

I think I am going to have a 2010 Pantera for sell soon.

Thanks,
    Chris

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up bows broke

hey dont get your short in a knot , there isnt a product out there that wont give u a problem all said and done , i have herd of this problem before , and it dose appear that serving the strings is the answer so dont give up now , them martins are good bows if it shoots good fix it , im sure u will be happy !

Destroyer

[B]
    Quote Originally Posted by guntercb View Post
    I have just been spending more time working on my bow than shooting and and I am very frustrated.
    I know how you feel. I've owned 20+ bows over the years and have never had this much trouble with a bow before. The limbs and grip have failed and the bow is a lot slower than it should be, etc. Lots of problems as you can see here on this forum. A lot of very tolerant archers here, lucky for Martin.

You shouldn't have to fix the problems yourself, I agree. You need to way up if all this trouble is really worth it, is the bow that good? Do you like the way it shoots? One thing I really like is how my 2007 Pantera balances, even with the amount of reflex it still feels good to me so I persevere. If the limbs go again or something else goes wrong then maybe...........

You do learn if you fix things yourself and its not a bad thing imho but if its more trouble than its worth, then sell it and buy another brand. But do some research on the archerytalk forum to see if there is any common problems before you buy. The other brands have some problems too.

Quote Originally Posted by polaris754 View Post
    there isnt a product out there that wont give u a problem all said and done
    Rubbish. See above.

guntercb

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    [B]

I know how you feel. I've owned 20+ bows over the years and have never had this much trouble with a bow before. The limbs and grip have failed and the bow is a lot slower than it should be, etc. Lots of problems as you can see here on this forum. A lot of very tolerant archers here, lucky for Martin.
    Destroyer,

Yeah, I have owned three bows for the last eighteen years including this Pantera. I never had any big issues with my last two bows. My first bow I had a shop set it up and it shot well for a long time with no issues. My second bow, I had some issues with the center serving and got it working and then it was fine.

Polaris,

If serving the string is the answer, why does Martin not do this at the Factory? I am just finally feedup that I am going to look at selling my bow. I may have to sell it at to much of a loss to justify getting rid of it, but if I can sell it for around 100 off what I paid I am done with it. Somone else can serve it and have a great shooting bow. It does shot well, I am just fed up.

Cheers,
    Chris

Post Thanks / Like

An additional serving means more work to do. This means more money to invest before the bow is going to the shop. The result is a higher price for the customer or a smaller benefit for the shop.

Why do the shop not serv the cables? Because in 99% of the bows it will work.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

guntercb

Quote Originally Posted by Montalaar View Post
    An additional serving means more work to do. This means more money to invest before the bow is going to the shop. The result is a higher price for the customer or a smaller benefit for the shop.

Why do the shop not serv the cables? Because in 99% of the bows it will work.
    Montalaar,

The cost of the extra serving seem very small to me, but if it does push the bow price up a bit I suppose it could get it out of a customers price point. I understand that but you need to have a good product or you risk losing customers.

Cheers,
    Chris

oncechance

Default Serving on idler wheel and CCS area

If anything, Martin should make this an option when purchasing a bow. If you want these areas served, then there will be an additional charge. If not, no charge. I had my TR1 served at the idler wheel and CCS area and was charged $12 to do this. I didn't think that was out of line for serving the sting. I can't buy the tool and serving to for that cost.

Post Thanks / Like

Why not just get a good after market set of string and cables??? The factory strings that come on the gold series bows are terrible. Lots of good quality string makers out there.

guntercb

Quote Originally Posted by treadwayc View Post
    Why not just get a good after market set of string and cables??? The factory strings that come on the gold series bows are terrible. Lots of good quality string makers out there.
    I may look for a string builder that is familar the Martin bows and go that route. If I get a custom string I want one that is served at the idler wheel and the ccs.

Cheers,
    Chris

Destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by oncechance View Post
    If anything, Martin should make this an option when purchasing a bow.
    Get what you are saying but I don't think it needs to be an option, if the bow needs it it should be done in the first place by Martin.

you need to have a good product or you risk losing customers.
    Yep.

If I get a custom string I want one that is served at the idler wheel and the ccs.
    Shouldn't be a problem.