Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Accuracy level question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Accuracy level question

I've shot my MOAB today checking how my new homemade stabilizer works and from about 10 yards i had 4 hits from 5 shots in a 2cm circle. I think it's a pretty good result considering that i haven't shot this bow since last November, but what do you guys think about it? Should i seek 5 of 5? What are your results from similar distance and do you think a bow like MOAB with a whisker biscuit rest can perform even better?
    By the way, the stabilizer works great
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

At 10 yards you should be able to hit all arrows in this circle. Even with a WB rest. Just practice some more.

Currently i am practicing at 30 to 40m and have a hard time to get all arrows into the 10cm circle. But with some time my performance might come back and will be as it has been in the past years.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Simon! I shoot mainly my recurve now, but soon will come back to my MOAB. You're lucky you can practise at 30-40m. Our backyard is only about 15 m long and not all the lenght is useable for archery. By the way how many arrows do you shoot from 30-40m at this 10cm circle? I used to shoot 5-6 arrows with the recurve, but after 2-3 broken nocks i reduced them to 2.
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

At this time i shoot 6 arrows as my grouping is not perfect, yet. When it will get better i will switch to 3 arrows or go to 50/60m and continue with 6 arrows. I would prefer using 6 arrows as this leads to a more consistent form and fitness.

My backyard is barely 8m wide. But every saturday i can go to the FITA place owned by my archery club.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Montalaar View Post
    I would prefer using 6 arrows as this leads to a more consistent form and fitness.
    Sounds good to me, i'll try 6 arrows this summer (i had only 4 the last year). May be the best fitness is to shoot one arrow - at 50m every 10 shots make a kilometer of walking When shooting at longer distances i get tired of walking not of shooting.

Post Thanks / Like

i had 4 hits from 5 shots in a 2cm circle. I think it's a pretty good result considering that i haven't shot this bow since last November, but what do you guys think

I think that's pretty darn good if you could repeat the exercise 6 times in a row.

I often read about and see pics of peoples results, but never have I read if they can consistantly do it, or if it was just 5 or 6 good shots out of 30. So In reality, I can only judge someones performance on the results he/she produced in competition.

To be really good I believe you have to be consistantlty really good.

SonnyThomas

Default Accuracy level question

You boys lost me with the metric sizes, but at 10 yards I won't shoot more than one arrow per bull's eye. I won't even shoot more than one arrow at a bull's eye on a NFAA 5 spot target.

Montalaar, I see you have Martin Shadowcat. I had the opportunity to shoot one of late and another on the way. The thing is outstandingly accurate. Got some pics at 30 yards indoors. Lighting is not that good, but enough to see to shoot. To get 30 yards I have to shoot from the other side of the bow shop, through the observation window we took out, and then on to the target wall.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gibson 787 View Post
    i had 4 hits from 5 shots in a 2cm circle. I think it's a pretty good result considering that i haven't shot this bow since last November, but what do you guys think

I think that's pretty darn good if you could repeat the exercise 6 times in a row.

I often read about and see pics of peoples results, but never have I read if they can consistantly do it, or if it was just 5 or 6 good shots out of 30. So In reality, I can only judge someones performance on the results he/she produced in competition.

To be really good I believe you have to be consistantlty really good.
    I've shot only these 5 shots, because spent 2 hours before that with my recurve (and some more in the morning) - now my fingers hurt and my neck is a little stiff. I can't participate in competitions, because we haven't any here I may try 5-6 series of 5 shots tommorow, but my target can't withstand such an attack.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonnyThomas View Post
    You boys lost me with the metric sizes, but at 10 yards I won't shoot more than one arrow per bull's eye. I won't even shoot more than one arrow at a bull's eye on a NFAA 5 spot target.
    I've shot only one arrow. Can't afford new nocks or shafts every day. And in 2cm there's no place for 5 arrows unless you're Robin Hood
    By the way, that's a good picture of a good shooting.
    Last edited by alex; 06-30-2010 at 02:10 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I've shot only these 5 shots, because spent 2 hours before that with my recurve (and some more in the morning)

Alex, taking the above into consideration, good shooting! Do you shoot your Moab fingers or release? I had my 09 Moab out yesterday replacing string and cable. They are a very good bow.