Thread: Trouble with CCS

dang

Default Trouble with CCS

Shooting 09 Bengal with CCS , and having erratic flight. Bow is tuned and rest is centered up. I tried paper tune, and all I knew. Different shafts and points. Nothing. THEN with powder on arrow, guess what I found Fletches are touching the CSS, very slightly, but hitting it.
    Rotated flethches, no change. Setup : 58 lbs -29" draw- beman 400/w 125grain- 28.5 arrow. Release- loop.
    Any suggestions, other than taking off the CSS.

Post Thanks / Like

May be you can change the fletches? If you're sure that they cause the problem. You can try some extra tuning of the rest also. Hope the other more experienced archers here would help you better.
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

Yes Dang try a narrower fletching or try puting a washer between the ccs and the bow ??? I don't have my Bengal back yet to verify how far my fletchings are away from the ccs or if this would work?? Good Luck!!
    09 Bengal 29" @ 68#
    Truglo 5 pin
    Trophy Taker Extreme
    NAP Nightmare 100grn
    Blackhawk Vapor Pro 3000 265grn

Destroyer

If you have your draw length right, it could be as simply torquing the bow. What release are you using?