Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: martin is not a common mans bow

joelc

I would recommend that anytime anyone ever has an issue with any Martin product the best thing to do is call the factory first. A bow that age is no longer under full warranty but it sounds like the dealer was trying to charge you full retail rather than the partial warranty price. We stand behind our product 100% and I think you will find that if you call us you will see that for yourself.

Larry

Smile

I just sent my Slayer back to Martin for some upgrade. I was very impressed with the courtesy and proffesionalism displayed by everyone that I dealt with at Martin. Turn around time was great. I agree that if you have a problem with your local dealer you should contact Martin Archery directly. I bet that they will take great care of you, like they did me!!

montanacur

Larry, you need a noogie. :P

He's right though. I had a problem with my bow, was a little frustrated because it was the second time I've had the problem, and then I talked to JoelC and it's all better, and an antelope is sitting in my fridge. Those guys rock.

smarpo

Thumbs up wouldn't own anything but a Martin

I have a pride twin limb with fury cams,sweet. The dealer I bought it from told me the split strings didn't need waxed so after two years one broke, not Martins fault. My dealer told me to take it to Martin, they replaced the split stings and timed the cams free of charge. I also twisted the plunger body of my magna flip rest off by over tightening it, not Martins fault, they replaced it free of charge. If your dealer didn't get your problem fixed for free dump him and get a real dealer. I have a new dealer that just special ordered a bengal with nitrous cams[not a missprint] for me. I should have it next week. I will post my thoughts after I get to shoot it. I know it will be sweet.

Myk

I have a new dealer that just special ordered a bengal with nitrous cams[not a missprint] for me.
    You're going to have to make a special post and tell me all about that. Draw length, string lengths, cams, and most of all how it shoots.

I hope you're getting the shoot through mods for it. That would be unbelievably torque free if you did.

Post Thanks / Like

Default every persons bow

I agree with montey havebeen shooting martins sence 1981 martins staff always considerite courtious efficient

2NThru

Default Pleased to see consistent comments like this...

I owned a Newberry, and with the HCA merger, their customer service apparently fell apart (this I what I read on archerytalk.com, NOT personal experience). I traded my bow for a Martin due to my c.s. concerns, and it appears that I made the right choice. I think the original poster of this thread probably has an issue with a local dealer, and should retract his complaint and close this thread...
    Carter

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Stigall
    I agree with montey havebeen shooting martins sence 1981 martins staff always considerite courtious efficient

smarpo

Smile bengal with nitrous cams

Quote Originally Posted by Myk
    You're going to have to make a special post and tell me all about that. Draw length, string lengths, cams, and most of all how it shoots.

I hope you're getting the shoot through mods for it. That would be unbelievably torque free if you did.
    My draw length is 26" the shoot string is 53' and the split strings are 34". the cams are the c base cams with the high letoff. I didn't get the x cams I am used to the cable guide system and like it. I haven't got to shoot the bow as much as I would like but at 26" 63lbs. and a 415gr. arrow it chronoed at 250fps., with a medium bisket instead of the large like it should have had, more friction, cats whiskers 3 brass nock points and a peep without tubeing. I am set up to shoot in my basement when I can't get to the range and at about ten yards I have to shoot only one arrow at a time or I would be stacking them inside of each other. I had to buy a block target as the conventional foam target from wallmart lenghtwise,about 3 feet through, wouldn't stop the arrows. They were going all the way through and hitting the wall behind. Does this answer any of your questions?

Myk

Quote Originally Posted by smarpo
    My draw length is 26" the shoot string is 53' and the split strings are 34". the cams are the c base cams with the high letoff. I didn't get the x cams I am used to the cable guide system and like it. I haven't got to shoot the bow as much as I would like but at 26" 63lbs. and a 415gr. arrow it chronoed at 250fps., with a medium bisket instead of the large like it should have had, more friction, cats whiskers 3 brass nock points and a peep without tubeing. I am set up to shoot in my basement when I can't get to the range and at about ten yards I have to shoot only one arrow at a time or I would be stacking them inside of each other. I had to buy a block target as the conventional foam target from wallmart lenghtwise,about 3 feet through, wouldn't stop the arrows. They were going all the way through and hitting the wall behind. Does this answer any of your questions?
    Yep, it would be too short of a draw for me.
    The problem I have with my standard Bengal set up is that it puts the arrows in the exact same spot @20yds where I do most of my shooting so even splitting up the group with 5 spots wears the targets out fast.
    Thanks.

smarpo

Quote Originally Posted by Myk
    Yep, it would be too short of a draw for me.
    The problem I have with my standard Bengal set up is that it puts the arrows in the exact same spot @20yds where I do most of my shooting so even splitting up the group with 5 spots wears the targets out fast.
    Thanks.
    Just a side note the mini mods are adjustable from 26-28" on my setup. don't know if you know this but you can change the cam size to get whatever draw length you want with the same mods, may take a different string though. Don't know that I'm as good of a shot as you but I think the bow is up to it.