Thread: cam lean

Post Thanks / Like

Default cam lean

Just curious, but I'd like to know. My 09 Bengal's idler wheel leans, the serving around the cam (cable & string) shows wear. I have added the CCS & STS. I have not shot this bow very much. I compare this bow to my 09 Parker Trailblazer XP which I've shot a good 1000+ times. It's idler wheel is straight and the cable/string's serving at the cam is still in excellent shape. My Parker Inferno 2010 has a ccs and sts also, and I proably have shot it several hundred times and it's idler wheel is straight and so on. I really like the martin bengal design, but to me it's become a pain. Did I just get a bad one? I don't want to give up on Martin, but.... I bought the Bengal because of what it offered. If this is something I can fix myself, removing ccs???? Please adivse.
    Last edited by Ray from Auburn; 07-07-2010 at 03:50 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Ray my Bengal did the same thing when I put on the CCS. I needed to twist and/or take a few twists out of the yoke to straighten it out. If possible you want to take a few out because if you haven't changed the string the factory suggests 1/2 inch longer string for the CCS.. GOOD LUCK!!
    09 Bengal 29" @ 68#
    Truglo 5 pin
    Trophy Taker Extreme
    NAP Nightmare 100grn
    Blackhawk Vapor Pro 3000 265grn

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Sag, I'll do those things, I did have Gander Mtn put the longer yoke cable on, but I keep the factory string on. I'm gonna guess your's is straightened out and shooting bullets! Thanks again sir.

Post Thanks / Like

It was until my bottom limb split into three parts... Its back at bowhunters superstore being repaired...
    09 Bengal 29" @ 68#
    Truglo 5 pin
    Trophy Taker Extreme
    NAP Nightmare 100grn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sagittarius View Post
    It was until my bottom limb split into three parts... Its back at bowhunters superstore being repaired...
    Sholulda sent it to me. I live only 25 miles from the place. I remember when it was Bowhunter's Warehouse and knew the original owner.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Coulda, Shoulda, Woulda ?? Thanks Anyway!! Hopefully there won't be a next time... But I'll sure keep the offer in mind just in case.. How's their service??
    09 Bengal 29" @ 68#
    Truglo 5 pin
    Trophy Taker Extreme
    NAP Nightmare 100grn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sagittarius View Post
    Coulda, Shoulda, Woulda ?? Thanks Anyway!! Hopefully there won't be a next time... But I'll sure keep the offer in mind just in case.. How's their service??
    Don't know. Haven't been there for years. I have Kinsey's 15 miles in the opposite direction and Lancaster 20 miles farther. Besides, I have never had a bow serviced in a shop. I've always done 100 percent of my own work. That way I can't blame anybody else for a mistake.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Good policy.. I enjoy doing my own work on my equipment getting to know it inside and out. Helps me to feel one with the tool!! Kind of a Zen thing I guess?? I didn't have a choice Martin said I needed to send it to the place I purchased it from to get it repaired...
    09 Bengal 29" @ 68#
    Truglo 5 pin
    Trophy Taker Extreme
    NAP Nightmare 100grn