Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alien Z review

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KStigall View Post
    Interesting results on the speed. we are getting about the same speed my draw length is a good bit shorter.

At 58.5 lbs my 298 gr arrow is moving right at 279-280 fps. But my draw length is maybe 26 1/8". I'm using a Super peep with a verifier and a d-loop with 2 tied nock sets inside the loop. I don't expect anymore fps at my draw length but I would have expected a 27" draw to push 290 fps. I have NO complaints. This -Z is the best thing I've seen come from Walla Walla in a couple of years. 6 days after getting the bow I took 7th at the ASA shoot in London Ky in HC.

At times I shoot the Alien-Z so well I'm expecting to use to it kill x's this coming season. But I won't know for sure until I have it go toe-to-toe with the S4 Mag sporting nitrous cams.

If I think about it after the Virginia ASA state championship this weekend I'll set my -Z to 27 inches and see what it does.
    How tight do you have the cams wrapped up? I would imagine they are very similar to the Cat cams and supposedly work better when wrapped tighter.

There is a thread on AT about this; optimizing the Cat cams. I really should read this because I know that twisting the cables to do what they say is also making the draw length longer and the peak weight go up. I just wonder if after doing this the module is moved to a shorter setting to make up for it.

By the way Kent, do you happen to know what the draw length range is on the Z with the 1.5 cams? I thought it was 24 to 27".
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

After a few conversations with other people I finally made a phone call to Joel a couple hours ago. The Alien Z with Hybrix 1.5 cam has a draw length range from 26 to 29". Also, the cables are 40.5" and the string is 54.5".

I was out at the range playing with this thing. Specs are close at
    35 15/16" and the brace height comes in a 6.5". I was shooting it with the module set in the #4 position before so I shortened it up to the #3 position and it was definitely too short for me. It's a wonder what a difference 1/2" can make. So back to the #4 hole and be happy for now. Might have to play around going a tad longer and see how it feels.

When I get a chance I need to pull the string/cables off and measure them and also measure the draw length and see how close it comes to what it's supposed to be. No matter, I still have to go by feel and how the bow aims. This is the real ticket. Not some arbitrary number conjured up by some chart.

OK, I got some other things to do. Be back later.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    No matter, I still have to go by feel and how the bow aims.
    Important that is.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up z report

hey Barry if you find out that Bow wont do it for you. and it really makes u mad to shoot it , i can give u my address jus kiddin nice bow !!!!!!!!!!!!

brettbuchanan

the z is to shoot300 grain u will get 329.4 feet per sec. so if you any thing bigger the speed is slower