Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: arrows are hitting arrow rest

reflex269

Default arrows are hitting arrow rest

I have a Martin Bengal with a NAP 360 Capture arrow rest.I took it to the bow shop and they put a laser -eye on it the arrow rest was off so he lined everythig up I get home fletchings are stil hitting.I am shooting a LH bow the fletchings are hitting the outside arm of the rest.I guess I will take it to another pro shop if I can't get any ideas here.

Post Thanks / Like

ive got 2 nap 360s on my martins(cheetah and firecat). just loosen the allen on the bottom of the main support bracket connected to your riser and push the rest out away from the bow 2 lines. that should do it, if not, go another line and another line and another line until you stop getting contact. i also was having trouble with my fletching hitting the bottom foot because my arrow diameter was small(maximus 250) i removed the black plastic rest foot and drug it across 80 grit sand paper on both sides, no more contact. i love 360, i dont think they get enough praise. simple, yet effective rest. also something else to look at is, are you squeezing the bow? if your not holding that bow loose and still until the arrow clears the rest, you might be torquing/dropping the bow causing the contact.
    Last edited by ezbite; 07-10-2010 at 10:02 PM.

reflex269

Will that not throw everything off center

Post Thanks / Like

I had a 360 on my Bengal and I think moving the entire rest like that will change your centershot?? Have you tried turning the nock to get the fletchings to go between the brushes and rest??
    09 Bengal 29" @ 68#
    Truglo 5 pin
    Trophy Taker Extreme
    NAP Nightmare 100grn
    Blackhawk Vapor Pro 3000 265grn

SonnyThomas

I am not familiar with the 360 rest - mainly because I hate brush type rests, even the Whisker Biscuit, but working at a bow shop I work with what comes to me.

The brushes should look centered within the main frame of the rest.
    As said, the nock of the arrow should be turned so that there is proper clearance for the vanes.

Lasers can be a real pain, especially if the Bow Technician is inexperienced.
    Lasers don't always mount squarely on the riser and if inexperienced one sets the center shot to the beam that is actually pointing somewhere out in left field.

Best way to check; Align string to top groove of wheel or cam. Keeping aligned check to see where the arrow is in relationship, it should be aligned to the aligned string/groove. If not, move rest until all in align...

reflex269

Thanks for the info,the brushes look even on both sides my nock is turned so the fletchings are clearing the brushes,but for some reason the arrow is kicking right and hitting the rest.So I think I'll take it to a different shop and see what they do.

Post Thanks / Like

What is the measurement from the bridge between the rest mount holes to the center of your arrow? Centershot...

SonnyThomas

Did you try this?
    Best way to check; Align string to top groove of wheel or cam. Keeping aligned check to see where the arrow is in relationship, it should be aligned to the aligned string/groove. If not, move rest until all in align.

How did the arrow look back to the string?

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe I missed something, but how did the shop align the rest? You said everything was lined up with a lazer, but the rest wasn't on the bow. I've used a lazer before and part of the reason for using one is to align the rest.

As Sonny said, the lazer isn't always going to work because of irregularities in the film dip or machining flaws in the riser. Also, as EZBite said, if you are gripping the bow you could be applying torque as the string is released and this could couse the bow to twist into the arrow as it is shot. This is the one problem with any of these capture type rests. They can be convenient for holding your arrow in place and they can be very accurate, but they also require the shooter to to use good form and especially the follow through.

All this being said, it could also be that you are using an improperly spined arrow. More detail about this would be helpful. Things like the bow's draw length and draw weight, arrow type and spine designation, length of the shaft, point weight, fletching and anything else you can think of.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Things like the bow's draw length and draw weight, arrow type and spine designation, length of the shaft, point weight, fletching and anything else you can think of.
    Should be a sticky with this in. Would help to answer some of the questions.