Thread: bows for women

Post Thanks / Like

Default bows for women

A female archer at our club asked me if Martin made, or is planning to make, a bow specifically geared towards women. She is currently using an old Panther, likes Martin , and is looking to upgrade. She would be looking at using it for target and field. Any ideas, suggestions?
    Any help and information is appreciated.
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

My girlfriend shoots a 60# Bengal, dropped to around 48#. Seems to fit her perfectly, but she does have a longer draw than most women I'd imagine. I know the '09 Leopard is a short draw bow 21-26 inch. Hope this helps!

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to kno what her draw length is and about what dra weight she would prefer. Although these might help with bow selection, IMO Martin does not presently make a suitable bow for shooting target and field with the possible exception being the Scepter 4 with Furious cams---if they make that any more.. Most all their bows are the typical short axle to axle, highly reflexed riser design used commonly for hunting and 3D where the emphasis is on speed.

If you can find a used bow the Mystic would be a decent choice . Of course it all depends on what her draw length is.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    I'd like to kno what her draw length is and about what dra weight she would prefer. Although these might help with bow selection, IMO Martin does not presently make a suitable bow for shooting target and field with the possible exception being the Scepter 4 with Furious cams---if they make that any more.. Most all their bows are the typical short axle to axle, highly reflexed riser design used commonly for hunting and 3D where the emphasis is on speed.

If you can find a used bow the Mystic would be a decent choice . Of course it all depends on what her draw length is.
    I believe her draw length is right around 26 or 27" and the bow she is currently using is at 45#. She seems comfortable with the 45# so I'd say that draw weight is good for her.

brettbuchanan

my wife shoots hoyt sport. she just started. there are custom line of martin rytera/alien. next spring she will be getting one. there is no jump the thing is sweet and light 3.5lbs and 330-340feet pre second.weight is 50,60,70 draw is 27" to 30"