Thread: Cam lean!!!

Louis

Default Cam lean!!!

Hello everyone , I have an 09 firecat with the cat cams. I took it to a shop to have it tuned up and the pro who did the tune up said that the cams were leaning real bad, bad enough that the DL adjustment was starting to cut the serving off of the cabe string. What gives???? Also I'm getting 283 fps the way it is now ( 28'' DL and 70lbs with 5575 gold tips ) is this speed about rite??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Louis View Post
    Hello everyone , I have an 09 firecat with the cat cams. I took it to a shop to have it tuned up and the pro who did the tune up said that the cams were leaning real bad, bad enough that the DL adjustment was starting to cut the serving off of the cabe string. What gives???? Also I'm getting 283 fps the way it is now ( 28'' DL and 70lbs with 5575 gold tips ) is this speed about rite??
    Speed can vary a lot with bows depending on individual setups. Sad to say, but yours sounds on the slow side, although your arrow is probably fairly heavy.

As for the cam lean? Your dealer noticed it so he should be the one in contact with Martin for a possible limb change or maybe even a total update with 2010 parts. That will be their call. In any case it's probably a warranty issue and has to be handled through your dealer initially.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Destroyer

You will loose about 20 fps @ 28" compared to IBO (30"). What is the arrow weight?

Barry is right about the cam lean, warranty issue.