Thread: Slayer X

GA_Dave

Default Slayer X

I'm very new to archery but my grown son & I are interested beginners. Anyway, I picked up a mint 08 Slayer X with 60# limbs. My son found an 06 Razor X with 60# limbs as well. My question is how far can we back off the limb bolts to reduce the draw weight? I have a bad right shoulder and some days are better than others. I've read where you can go 5 turns on most Martins - is this correct? Does it damage the bow at all to shoot with the limb bolts backed out 5 turns?

Thanks in advance for the help folks...

Post Thanks / Like

Five turns is fine, and Bfisher who is one of the resident Martin experts says he does six all of the time with no problems.
    '09 Warthog, QAD HD, Sword Centurian, Scott Sabretooth

Post Thanks / Like

I also have an 08 Slayer w/60# limbs. Yes you can take it down 5 turns with no problems. The limbs are rated 45-60#. I had surgery on my neck last year and have dropped both my Slayer and Firecat down 6 turns while I was rehabing. I would not recommend shooting it for a prolonged period at a draw weight less that 45#. I shoot both at 50# and get a complete pass through on Whitetails with the Firecat and shoot 3D with the Slayer. Love both of them!

Destroyer

It won't hurt the bow but it will increase the draw length a bit, increase the brace height a bit and of course slow it down a bit.

I would go down to 50# (3 - 3 1/2 turns off bottom), shoot it for a while and see how your shoulder likes it. I personally wouldn't go under 45# unless the shoulder is really bad.