Thread: New 2010 limb pockets

Post Thanks / Like

Default New 2010 limb pockets

Good Morning All,
    All of you have been very generous with your knowledge of all things Martin, but it appears that I have one more question......The new limbs on my Warthog have the 2010 limb pockets....the ones with the "ears" that keep the limb from moving from side to side. Well, the bottom pocket on my bow fits very tightly, but the top limb pocket has about 1/32 to 1/16 of an inch between one side of the pocket and the side of the limb. Should I just leave it that way or should I put a shim in there to keep the limb in place?

Thanks again for all of your help.

Post Thanks / Like

Meausre if either the top limb is slimmer or the top pocket is wider than the other one. You may want to try to get a replacement.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Destroyer

1/16" doesn't sound like 'precision fit' to me. I wouldn't shim it though, once the limb is under pressure there is no movement. Shimming might cause alignment problems. I'm with Monty, a replacement if you can, or don't worry.
    Last edited by Destroyer; 07-30-2010 at 07:43 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I just measured how tiny 1/16" is.

Oh well..

Don't worry about THAT!
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

crsmith

I was wondering the same thing with my most recent 2010 cheetah ordered in. It has a 1/16" space between the Roto Cup and the limb on both the top and bottom. Other 2010 cheetah's I have don't have this problem. I compared the Roto Cup with other 2010 cheetah's I have in stock and this one is 1/16" wider than the others...........doesn't seem right to me

Destroyer

So its not the limbs but the Roto Cup. Maybe some of the risers aren't lining up well enough and they need a bit of play?

1/16", you could drive a truck through that!

Post Thanks / Like

So its not the limbs but the Roto Cup.
    Maybe, and maybe not. I completed an 09 2010 Warthog conversion recently and had approx a 1/32" gap in my rotocups. Well the new limbs were replaced last week due to a top limb crack in the fork, and the new set fits into the rotocups very snugly, as tight as a tadpoles you know what! So, in my situation it was the limbs. Slight variations I guess, but as Destroyer states, 1/16" is pretty wide.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Gibson 787,
    Since you have done what i have (replaced the '09 limbs with '10), do you know how to tell if the new limbs are the new 4 ply limbs or the old 3 ply? Mine didn't say Warthog anywhere......just Martin. If they're the 3 ply's that they use on the Bengal, then I doubt that they'll withstand the stress of the Cat cam. Man, we shouldn't be having these problems......

Hang in there.

Post Thanks / Like

Baerman my friend, i think the only way to tell if they're 3 or 4 ply, is to phone Martin tech support and preferably speak to Joel.

I can say this however, the limbs on my Alien x are a good 1/8" thicker in the area from the fork down to the end of the limbs, than my new Warthog limbs and this is the area where 99% of the problems occur. My Alien has Barnsdales and the Warthog's are Martin.

Also, any replacement limbs are generic and never have decals regarding the bow name, just have Martin on them, so no problem there.

Good luck.