Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shadowcat Draw Length Question

NeilM

Default Shadowcat Draw Length Question

Hi all, I am a new member.

I live in the UK and I'm a dedicated 3D and field, finger shooter. I was a long time Martin user until the UK distributor closed some years ago (I still have the Lynx I bought in the late 1980's).

There are a few dealers now offering Martin again over here, and I like the look of the Shadowcat, but, it's listed as having a maximum DL of 30", although I have been told it will go longer.

Can someone please tell me if I can get 30.5" DL from a Shadowcat, as it is one of the last fast finger bows left.

Hawk Eye

You will need to use the CAT 2 Hybrid Duo Cams if you need a draw length greater than 30". Good luck to Martin shooter.

Post Thanks / Like

30.5 should be also achievable with the 1.5 cams but i cannot recommend that.
    Custom order it with 2.0 Cams and you will have some draw range to play with. The 2.0 Cams give you a drawrange from 29" to 32".
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Destroyer

Guessing a bit here but I would think to get 30.5 you would need to get a longer string or shorten the cable or maybe both. Then you might have tuning problems with the cams rotated more. Better to order the 2.0's like Montalaar & Hawk Eye have said.

Personally think that 40" ATA is a bit short at your DL. If it doesn't work out you could go to a release I guess.

NeilM

Thanks for the information.

I had been told that the CAT 1.5 would go to 32", but this just did not seem right, so I passed that bow by. Looks like the CAT2 will work for me.

Are all the issues I have read about on this forum (limbs breaking and cam lean) now resolved?

EDIT: Destroyer, I currently shoot a 2008 Bowtech Constitution and have been using Connies since 2005, they are a very similar spec and have worked very well for me, but as Bowtech no longer make a longer ATA bow with a DL over 30" it is time to look elsewhere and the Shadowcat seems to fit the bill perfectly.
    Last edited by NeilM; 07-25-2010 at 10:58 PM.

Destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by NeilM View Post
    2008 Bowtech Constitution
    Whats wrong with the Constitution?

and have been using Connies since 2005
    Have no idea what this is.

Post Thanks / Like

He meant that he is using Bowtech Constitutions since 2005. :P
    Last edited by Montalaar; 07-26-2010 at 07:05 AM. Reason: Typo
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

NeilM

What I meant was that I have been shooting Constitutions (Connies) since 2005, but not the same bow. I am on my third one now.

There is nothing wrong with the Constitution, but it is getting progressively older and sooner or later will need to be replaced. Also, what is wrong with me buying a different bow to try? I have done it before with a PSE Mojo, a Monster Bows Dragon, a CSS System and also a newer Constitution when there was nothing particularly wrong with my 2005.

The only way you find out if one bow has the edge over another is to try it. Trouble is, the number of bows to choose from is getting less and less. Give it a few more years and there will be very little left to choose from

Destroyer

Also, what is wrong with me buying a different bow to try?
    Did I say there was? Buy as many as you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Montalaar View Post
    He meant that he is using Bowtech Constitutions since 2005. :P
    Man, did I miss that one. (Do they really? lol! )

NeilM

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    Did I say there was? Buy as many as you like.
    I'll use that one on the wife 'Destroyer says I have to buy as many bows as I like'