Thread: Bow Vise - Bow Boss

oncechance

Default Bow Vise - Bow Boss

Does anyone have one of these vises? Currently I have to hold the bow when using my portable bow press to work on my bow. I know you don't need a press, but it is a lot easier than constantly backing out the limbs. I thought this would work well since it screws into where the stabilizer threads. Then I could press the bow and be able to do other maintenance on it. Thanks,
    Last edited by oncechance; 07-27-2010 at 12:26 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I made a vise myself. Bought a cheap stabilizer and cut it off. A clamp works wonders.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

I've got the bow vice, got mine for like $10.00 when I got my bow from bowhunters superstore. I've seen them on sale for like $30.... I like it well worth the $$$$
    09 Bengal 29" @ 68#
    Truglo 5 pin
    Trophy Taker Extreme
    NAP Nightmare 100grn
    Blackhawk Vapor Pro 3000 265grn

Destroyer

Go the Boss! Don't own one but I really like the look of it. Great price too. The sure grip would be ok too, especially if you don't want to remove your stabilizer each time.

Quote Originally Posted by Montalaar View Post
    I made a vise myself. Bought a cheap stabilizer and cut it off. A clamp works wonders.
    If it works why not. Good stuff!

Post Thanks / Like

I bought one, loved it so much I bought a bunch of them as Christmas presents for my friends. They all love them, too. Absolutely awesome product!!!
    Last edited by polarbear; 07-28-2010 at 07:17 PM.

Destroyer

Made a choice yet? Would have bought a Boss myself but the postage was a bit too much.

oncechance

yea, I'm going to get the Bow Boss, unless I can get one of my guys in our machine shop to make me one.

Destroyer

Wouldn't be hard to make something similar, a bit cheaper too. Hopefully you can get one made. I'm going have a bit of a look in my shed, I'm sure I've seen some tool thingy that is similar in design.

oncechance

yea, I spoke to the supervisor in the machine shop and he said he could make it but he is swamped right now. He told me to come back next week and talk to him. I'm sure it will be a sweet vise because whatever he builds is to perfection. I will post pics once we get built. Or if he doesn't get time, I will probably buy the one off ebay for $39.99. Like anyone else, I hate to wait for things, I want it now.

Destroyer

Lol! Always now these days. Being able to get stuff from the US in a week, I find it hard to wait any longer than two weeks. Pretty amazing when I think about it, getting items within a week from overseas.

Anyway, looking forward to the pic's.