Thread: should my firehawk have this much noise

firehawk2010

Default should my firehawk have this much noise

i have a new firehawk it has a big thunk after i shoot, and it has a stock suppressor, is there an additional suppressor that will fit towards the top of the bow to quite her down a bit? thanx

Destroyer

If the noise is just normal bow noise then you could buy a stabilizer like the Sims LimbSaver X-Coil that will screw into the front hole below the grip. They work really well. There are limits to how quiet you can make a bow shoot though.

Post Thanks / Like

You can try to put some leeches on the cables and whiskers on the string. I did a few sound tests some time back and this was the best combo on my 09 Bengal... Also how light is your arrow?? A heavier arrow tends to quite it down some too....
    09 Bengal 29" @ 68#
    Truglo 5 pin
    Trophy Taker Extreme
    NAP Nightmare 100grn
    Blackhawk Vapor Pro 3000 265grn

Destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by firehawk2010 View Post
    is there an additional suppressor that will fit towards the top of the bow
    Just a thought, like the Bear Archery bow's have? then no. Can you give a bit more detail about your setup. 'Big thunk' really isn't much to go by.

fxdwgkd

Was just shooting mine last night and I thought it seemed louder than normal. Two shots later the lower limb snapped in two. Mine is an 09. Not trying to scare you but check it over good.