Thread: Question

takeo81

Default Question

Do I need a bow press to change the draw length modules on my 2009 saber? I have all of the modules I need.

Post Thanks / Like

No.

Just remove the old one and replace it.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

takeo81

So when I try to remove the module that is installed one of the screws won't come out cause it just catches the limb. Do I need to let some of the tension off of the limbs? It doesn't seem like it should be this hard.

Destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by takeo81 View Post
    Do I need to let some of the tension off of the limbs?
    Yes, two turns per limb bolt until you see some light through the barrel nut in the riser, then one turn each until its slack enough, be careful though.

The single cams are not as easy as they should be, but its not that hard. And a tip, when you put the module on, don't tighten the bolts too much, just nipped up.
    Last edited by Destroyer; 07-30-2010 at 10:13 PM.

Coop

Default Don't have a Saber, but..

Quote Originally Posted by takeo81 View Post
    So when I try to remove the module that is installed one of the screws won't come out cause it just catches the limb. Do I need to let some of the tension off of the limbs? It doesn't seem like it should be this hard.
    when my module screw is under the limb, I just grab the limb and cable with one hand an squeeze until the screw(cam), rotates to where I can get to it.

Coop

takeo81

Thanks for the help the pulling of the cable to the riser worked well holes on module didn't line up very well but I got it together. Thanks again for the help.

Destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    I just grab the limb and cable with one hand an squeeze until the screw(cam), rotates to where I can get to it.

Coop
    Doesn't work with my bow, bolts are too much under the limb. I know it does work for some but I think its a bit risky, especially after my limb trouble.

Post Thanks / Like

This will not put the limbs under a lot more stress. I can recommend that, too.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Destroyer

Its not just how much stress the limbs are put under. Using your hand is risky. A hand slip with the screw half out and it could damage the limb or even a possiblility of damaging the thread in the cam. The allen key could mark the limb as well. Maybe with a tie down or belt etc, but I think that its still risky. After seeing how tight some do up the mod bolts, you could introduce some torque to the wheel/limb as well. I don't think its impossible to do, just risky in my opinion. Its not hard to relax the limbs.