Thread: Ata

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ata

Just curious as to how I can get my ATA closer to spec on my 2011 Firecot 400? Spec is 32.5 (approximate) and mine sits at 32.

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd just leave it. It's only 1/4" on each end. It should be just fine.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum! A 1/4 difference is ok. But if you feel to get it closer, you need take out twists in both control cables. a few twists out of each. Check ATA then do it again till you get it where you want it. A 1/4" is not going to need many twists taken out. Remember this will change dl and make it shorter. So then you will have to untwist the string and that will change the nock point.

HUTCH
    Last edited by Hutch~n~Son Archery; 05-01-2011 at 12:47 PM.
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

What is the max draw weight of your bow supposed to be and what is the actual draw weight when you check it with the limbs bottomed out.
    If your ata is 1/2" shorter than the listed spec your draw weight may be quite a bit over
    the max - if so - you will need to take a few twists out of the cables to lengthen the ata and lower the #age.
    The best thing to do is just take the string and cables off and measure them, twist/untwist them till they are right on the factory spec, reinstall them and then see what the measurements fall at - ata, bh, max dw and draw length.

Post Thanks / Like

Max draw weight is 60# and it checks out at 60.4#. So if the draw weight and draw length are correct the ata don't matter much?

Post Thanks / Like

The last couple FC 400's I've had in were right at 32" and maxed about a half pound over the marked DW. Looks like that may be the norm for them, if you start taking twists out of the cables you'll lose DW and as Hutch said, you'll shorten the DL also. The brace height has been dead on 7" on all of them.

Advantage Custom Strings