Thread: Sceptor 4 questions

Strait Shooter

Default Sceptor 4 questions

I just got a Sceptor 4 with Furious x shoot threw system and elite limbs. The cams have a M stamped on them and I am assuming that this is for medium being that is what it was sold to me as.

I have a couple of questions.

1. I had to twist the cables pretty tight to get the ata in spec (43 1/4) per Martin tune chart, and brace height (8) per the same chart. I have the string twisted tighter than I would like and it is still drawing about 3/4" long. These are the factory strings on the bow. Is this normal or is something out of wack? the draw weight is right at 60 pounds the the ata and brace height correct.

2. the cams seem to sit a little closer to one side of the limb than the other. the cables do not touch the limbs, but the are closer on one side. Is there a chance that spacers were left out or something? The cams do not feel overly loose on the axles.

Thanks for your help,
    Casey

Coop

Default I have a Scepter 4 Elite also, but...

mine is not the shoot thru system. But, maybe I can help...
    Yes, the M on the cams means medium(didn't know Martin made a med cam).....what size modules do have on it (s,m,or L)? The mods are what you adjust your draw length from...

Also, sounds like you have cam lean.. so, you would adjust the lean by twisting or untwisting the cables on the outside of the axles.

Hope this makes sense...

Coop
    Last edited by Coop; 07-30-2010 at 09:53 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    mine is not the shoot thru system. But, maybe I can help...
    Yes, the M on the cams means medium(didn't know Martin made a med cam).....what size modules do have on it (s,m,or L)? The mods are what you adjust your draw length from...

Also, sounds like you have cam lean.. so, you would adjust the lean by twisting or untwisting the cables on the outside of the axles.

Hope this makes sense...

Coop
    They didn't the M he is seeing is on the mod. They only made a Large and a Small cam.

Strait Shooter

you are correct. The M is on the mod. I can't see any S or L on the cam. I am assuming that it is the small cams because they are small (compared to my Hoyt cam 1/2 plus cams).

Post Thanks / Like

Read this post and you may find your problem. I think that your cams are under rotated which would make your draw lenght long.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showth...hlight=furious

Robert
    May All Of Your Arrows Find The Bulls Eye-MSMFSL
    NRA Life Member
    NFAA Member
    Martin Proud
    Scepter IV Elite w/Furious X Cams

Destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by Strait Shooter View Post
    1. I had to twist the cables pretty tight to get the ata in spec
    That's why your draw length is longer. ATA length is a combination of cables and string, not just cables. You need to untwist the cables some and put more twists in the string. That should shorten the draw and keep the ATA and DW right.

Quote Originally Posted by Strait Shooter View Post
    2. the cams seem to sit a little closer to one side of the limb than the other
    Both the cams sit closer to one side or just one of the cams?