Thread: Any way to tell whether it's 3 ply or 4 ply???

Post Thanks / Like

Default Any way to tell whether it's 3 ply or 4 ply???

Good Morning Guys,
    I recently received '10 replacement limbs for my '09 Warthog, but since they don't say Warthog anywhere on the limbs, as the original, does anyone know how to tell whether they're 3 ply or 4 ply. If they're 3 ply I'll probably have the same cracked limb problems.....hope that's not the case.

Thanks all.....have a great day!

oncechance

The new 2010 limbs will measure 1.5" in width at limb tips. If anyone would like to add more or correct me please do so.

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning Oncechance,
    Yes, they are 1.5", but both the Gold Line and the Pro Line have 1.5" limbs. The difference is that the GoldLine this year is still a 3 ply and the Pro (Mag) line is a four ply limb. Is there any way to tell whether Martin sent me the correct limbs?

Thanks again

oncechance

Well the Pantera is a Gold Line bow and it has the new 4x limbs. You may want to call Joel at Martins to get the facts on the limbs. My belief was that the new 2010 limbs were all 4x. I do know for a fact that the Pantera and Firecat TR1 have the same limbs, which are 4x.
    Last edited by oncechance; 08-02-2010 at 06:13 AM.

Destroyer

Will be good to know how to tell the difference, if its possible that is, especially on replacement limbs. I cant see a way unless we do something silly like removing some of the finish, maybe not even then.

gibson 787 has mentioned thickness in another thread, the thinkness might be a way. Although you would have to know whether the 4x uses the same thickness ply's as the 3x, just more of them, or the 4x uses thinner ply's.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey there Baerman, I replied to your post re thickness of limbs on your earlier thread. I guess you must have missed it.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Gibson 787,
    Thank you for you reply on another thread....yes, I missed it. I've been trying to contact someone at Martin for an answer to my question, but when they finally call me back it's usually around 7:00 or 8:00 PM and I'm usually not at my desk then. Whether this is intentional on their part is not clear.....but I haven't been able to get an answer. The bad part is that if the limbs are incorrect, I'll have yet another set of limbs come apart. Gosh, there has to be an easier way.....Joel is great, but he's un-available for the most part. By the way, the gap in the new '10 limb pocket is not correct and they're sending a new pocket. My guess, though, is that the limb is not correct, so I'll be back at the beginning with my "build it yourself" Warthog.

Thanks again for your help, Gibson 787.