Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Solid core limbs in 2011????

Post Thanks / Like

Default Solid core limbs in 2011????

Hey guys,
    I was just told that Martin's 2011 limbs are a solid core design. Where did the superiority of laminated limbs go? Anyway, the limb replacements that were sent to me are apparently 2011 limbs.....I'll know soon if they work out, and will let you know.
    Thanks all!

Post Thanks / Like

Why are those limbs 2011? How do they look like? What is the difference? Pictures?
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Montalaar,
    Why the attitude? I was told by Joel at Martin that they are 2011's. They look just like the 2009's. I don't know what the difference is....they tested slow when I had the Pro Shop mount them on my bow and the bottom limb doesn't fit the new limb pockets too well. As for Pic's.....I don't have any. By the way, Joel also said that they are solid core limbs. How they can be better than laminated is a mystery to me.....it'll be interesting to see how they spin the limbs in 2011 after saying that the laminates are the reason that they've been better in the past. I JUST WANT MY NEW, $750.00 WARTHOG TO SHOOT WITHOUT BREAKING......NOW THAT WOULD BE NEW!!!

Take care, Montalaar.....and try to chill down just a bit.

Post Thanks / Like

I JUST WANT MY NEW, $750.00 WARTHOG TO SHOOT WITHOUT BREAKING......NOW THAT WOULD BE NEW!!!
    You and me both! Very interesting news Baerman, I wonder if the limbs for my 09 Moab, which Joel is sending me will be the new solid core 2011 variety?

Have to say the new limbs for my 2010 Hog conversion are definitely not solid core, as they are dated November 09. As you know, this is my second set. Oh well if these fail, I guess there may be a light at the tunnels end with the new solid core ones. Hope so cause I love my Hog.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baerman View Post
    Hey Montalaar,
    Why the attitude?
    I am sorry but i do not get your point. What attitude do you mean? I am just interested in ANY news!
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

I am sorry but i do not get your point. What attitude do you mean? I am just interested in ANY news!

Hey gentleman, I think this is just a misunderstanding from both parties. I'm sure no offence was meant from Montalaar. Baerman you have to remember English is not Montalaar's first language and although he does a great job with it, some times phrasing can differ from language to language.

MartinTech

Thumbs up 2011 limbs

The 2011 limbs from martin are a solid glass limb widely used in the industry with most paralell limb designs. These limbs should provide the archer with years of shooting and hunting. thanks for your interest,,,,

Post Thanks / Like

The 2011 limbs from martin are a solid glass limb widely used in the industry with most paralell limb designs. These limbs should provide the archer with years of shooting and hunting. thanks for your interest,,,,
    Thanks for that Administrator. Does this mean the replacement limbs for my 09 Moab, which Joel will be sending me, hopefully soon, will be the solid glass variety?

Destroyer

v
    Quote Originally Posted by Montalaar View Post
    Dont get it either Monty? Would have asked the same questions. Maybe baerman is just a bit frustrated atm since his hog keeps breaking.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinTech View Post
    The 2011 limbs from martin are a solid glass limb
    Solid limbs? Well that should stop the carnage. gibson 787 mate, hopefully your new limbs are solids.

Wonder what the weight difference is though?

Post Thanks / Like

Wonder what the weight difference is though?
    Also wonder what the efficiency will be compared to laminated???