Thread: Cat Cam modules

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cat Cam modules

Tinkering with my bow today, I noticed I had made a mistake. I had one module set on the "6" setting, and one on the "4". The thing was shooting like a dream, but kinda made me nervous with the modules not being equal. I switched them both back to "5". Anything I could have damaged shooting it uneven like that? One other thing, for some reason, it shot alot quieter with the modules different. Anyone think of a reason? Now, back on "5", the bow is shooting to the same spot it was when the modules were different. Staying in a 6 inch circle at 70 yards without moving my sight pins. Thanks to all!

Post Thanks / Like

Which module was set to #6? If the bottom module was on number six the draw stop would have prevent that you can draw it further. I am not sure if the misfit in modules would have influenced a non perfect tuning or tiller.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

Montalaar. It was the upper cam that was set to 6. For whatever reason, the bow did paper tune perfectly from 4-6 feet. Checked it again at 10 yards, still the same. Think I'll retune it just to make sure it's still shooting the same now that I have changed it to the correct settings. Still curious as to why it was quieter before though. Kinda of a metallic "clank" now, and EVERY bolt has been checked and tightened. Almost sounds like one of the modules is making the noise. Might try making a very thin shim, and seeing if that helps. Thanks again!

Destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by Montalaar View Post
    I am not sure if the misfit in modules would have influenced a non perfect tuning or tiller.
    Could be. I keep forgetting about tiller.

SonnyThomas

Default Cat Cam modules

You know it depends on how the positive draw stop was set. If set to the top cam, the string laying flat in the groove as it should.

Post Thanks / Like

My tiller measurement was never even, but only off by 1/16th inch.