Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What size of serving for serving around cams?

archery82

Question What size of serving for serving around cams?

I want to serve where the CCS and cams come in contact with my string and i am wondering what size and best gripping serving there is out there.

SonnyThomas

Default What size of serving for serving around cams?

I take it that you are going to serve both ends and where the CCS contacts.
    You should be able to use .020" or .021" BCY. Where the string touches the CCS just about anything will work. I used BCY 452X Green bow string material to better match the two tone green and black string.

Destroyer

Default Sonny

Quote Originally Posted by SonnyThomas View Post
    I used BCY 452X Green bow string material to better match the two tone green and black string.
    Heard about this before but never tried it. How does it wear and how well does it stay in place?

SonnyThomas

Actually, I've been using BCY 452X for quite awhile for both the string area that touches the CCS and serving in peeps. So far no slippage and no wear. I have two 1/4 pound spools of black and green. Boss ordered the 452X for the guy that worked here before me. I figured if it worked it was better than letting it sit there and collect dust. I have also used a quality Extra Strong Button & Carpet thread for tied string nocks and serving in peeps. I usually wax it first. Wife got tired of me using hers so she bought me my own. Hold on to your billfold! For 50 yards that stuff cost $1.99 plus tax!

Post Thanks / Like

i use BCY 3d for my loop serving its where it goes around the cams, i have also used spider wire 65# test , it only comes in green, i do not use any serving on my ccs. i think to much serving slows things down.
    curtis

2010 nemesis camo, 2011 nemesis carbon fiber,
    2010 onza 3 camo,

Destroyer

Wife got tired of me using hers so she bought me my own.
    LOL! That's the way mate!

For 50 yards that stuff cost $1.99 plus tax!
    But wouldn't you rather use an archery brand? You know it will be better.

Quote Originally Posted by bowgramp59 View Post
    i have also used spider wire 65# test
    Fishing line? Hey, if it works.
    Last edited by Destroyer; 08-17-2010 at 08:00 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default 12 lb mono

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post

Fishing line? Hey, if it works.
    Yep, it does work, I used 12 lb mono to tie my peeps in. Did that last year when my order from Lancaster was slow getting to me, got impatient and got out the fishing gear. Still on there. It does however move, if you want it to, it is hard to move, but will slide up or down.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://cascadianbowmen.com/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

SonnyThomas

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    But wouldn't you rather use an archery brand? You know it will be better.
    Maybe the archery brand would be better, but then, the last time I used the button & carpet thread it lasted as long as the bow string. You ought to see the way I tie in my draw cord for my Doodle Drop rest. ??? Maybe you shouldn't.... Well, I'll try to put up a pic... What you see is how it is and has been for the last 3 years and 2 sets of bow strings. Look close. There's a gap between the string and the knot. I leave it that way to drive others nuts.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

this is what iuse to make strings for 60# bows . i use 22 strands of BCY trophy, for the end serving BCY 2x mini-end serving .015, for the loop serving BCY #3d serving .017, and for the center serving BCY 62xs braided center serving size .018 . for tieing in my peeps and cat whiskers i use the same trophy i use for the strings.
    Last edited by bowgramp59; 08-18-2010 at 07:36 PM.
    curtis

2010 nemesis camo, 2011 nemesis carbon fiber,
    2010 onza 3 camo,

Destroyer

Maybe the archery brand would be better
    Nah, just teasing ya mate.

There's a gap between the string and the knot. I leave it that way to drive others nuts.
    LOL! I use a d-loop knot for the cord on my drop rests. Easy to change.