Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Martin Jaguar String Length

texashunter

Default Martin Jaguar String Length

I bought my bow in July 2008. My bow has a M-Pro cam and I can not find any information on the string and cable length for this set up. Any suggestions?

CJK

Default Martin Jaguar Strings

Hello Texas. Look on the Martins website for bow specs. That should tell you the info you will need. You can then order a OEM or go after market. What part of Texas do you hail from. If in the Houston area contact Scott at Viking Archery. He makes one he'll of a string.

Carl

texashunter

Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    Hello Texas. Look on the Martins website for bow specs. That should tell you the info you will need. You can then order a OEM or go after market. What part of Texas do you hail from. If in the Houston area contact Scott at Viking Archery. He makes one he'll of a string.

Carl
    The website only shows strings with the dyna cam. I couldn't find anywhere that the jaguar was listed with the M-Pro cam. I am about 30 miles east of San Antonio. Thanks for the advice.

Post Thanks / Like

Is the ATA on your bow 32" or real close to that?
    If so - you should double check me but - I believe it should use a 33.5" cable and 88" string.

Destroyer

No sticker on the lower limb? A bit sloppy of the builder.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    No sticker on the lower limb? A bit sloppy of the builder.
    Replacement limbs? Or just peeled off?
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post

Carl
    The Martin website doesn't have the specs because the 2008 Jaguar with the M-Pro cam was made for Dick's Sporting Goods, and it was the last Jaguar compound bow made.
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    Replacement limbs? Or just peeled off?
    Maybe, I received a sticker with my new limbs. Yeah someone could have removed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    Dick's Sporting Goods
    That explains some of it. Don't they use stickers on the bows?

texashunter

I have a sticker on the lower limb, but it was a blank sticker with two hand written numbers on it that have both rubbed off. Is there somewhere I can get string length for the bow made for Dicks Sporting Goods?

Destroyer

So its got a sticker, no imprint of the numbers left? You should write these numbers down when you first get a bow. Why some use pencil.......

Any way, try calling Dick's perhaps, maybe somebody there kept records. You could take it to a dealer and have them measure the cable & string. Or do it yourself if your confident enough. If you need help to disassemble the bow, we can help, just ask.