Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Registered now :)

Relayer

Default Registered now :)

Hi,

I posted late evening yesterday, a question about Martin Recurve TD Jaguar.

I would like to thanks Destroyer and Montalaar for the quick answer. Tx again.

Well, since i think to get the Jaguar, i have only 2 alternative wich could work aswell. The KAP Winstar 2 and KAP Winstorm Limbs, or, eventually, a PSE Optima.

Well, why Jaguar ? : ..damn...Ted Nugent, our best Ted use Martin bow...damn )) thats a point
    Second : cheaper then PSE and for sure cheaper then KAP combi.
    3rd : This TD look great , and seems to be really good.

Why not jaguar ? a great look and let say, reasonnable price is nothing if i need to buy Ragim, Samik or whatever limbs , wich will break the great looking of this Recurve, big pitty

If i didnt get lucky, i have then a Jag riser in black ...and pink limbs ? oh noooooooo
    This is a joke but, anyway, limbs in white or blue or whatever will not fit the look of a Jaguar..big pitty.

but , serious, what do u think u guys ? wich one seems to be the best for a beginner , i dont want buy anything for 500 bucks, it must be cheaper, but i wait a certain standard of quality. ( i hópe im not wrong with that )

Aswell, im not trying to compaire a Hoyt for 500 dollars with a Jaguar for 160...would be stupid.but, a certain level of quality, should be there

Im thinking of 30 lbs to start, and maybe later raising up to 40 or so...is that realistic ?

The german resseler : MK-Bogensport , near ingolstatd

Thanks in advance for your help

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Relayer, nice to see that you registered and Account.

May i ask you if you are permanent in germany or only stationed for a limited time period?

I think the Jaguar is a nice deal for a Recurve bow but there are many other alternatives. In Germany the Recurve bow is much more common than the Compound bow so there is loads of alternatives. If you are intersted i could give you some further information on other deals to think about. Everything depends on the money you want to invest.

You could start with a 30# bow and get new limbs if you want to advance. An alternative is to start with 35# and tune it downwards. But that is a detail that does not need to be covered for now.

I hear about MK-Bogensport but i am not sure what to say about it. They resell Martin products in their region. If you want the best consultation you should call Archery Direct in Hamburg (0049-4089070040 or online at http://archery-direct.de/). The owner is the official pro series seller for germany and distributor for Martin products in most parts of germany. If someone can tell you if you can get spare limbs.. He is it.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Relayer

Hi Montalaar,

Lets write german now motalaar, i hope none will be mad about those few lines

Also, ich wohne in deutschland, obwohl nicht deutscher, ich bin seit 23 jahre hier, und bin etwas südlich von münchen.

naja, ich werde sogar in wenige minuten eventuel nach münchen fahren zu Lach, die haben da die KAP combibnation, und ich könnte ausprobieren, dadurch könnte ,der Jaguar entfallen. Ich bin eben nicht sicher was am besten zu tun ist.Es wurde mir gesagt das keine stabilizator and der jag montiert werden können, mag also noch ein minus punkt sein, den ich denke eher an feld / scheiben schiessen als 3-D oder so.Könnte also sein das KAP hier, besser wäre.

Was meinst du ?

Greeting from Bavaria

Post Thanks / Like

Nein, es stört hier keinen. Manch einer kann sogar noch ein paar Brocken habe ich festgestellt.

Ich bin mir sicher, dass der Jaguar eine Stabibuchse hat. Das größere Problem ist eher passende Wurfarme zu finden. Wenn du in Richtung Field/FITA gehen willst würde ich auch eher zu einem KAP raten. Da bekommst du schon für wenig Geld ein Mittelteil mit ILF-Wurfarm-Aufnahme. Fast alle modernern Wurfarme passen dann und du hast deutlich bessere Möglichkeiten für die Zukunft.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Relayer

Hi,

Tx Montalaar and Bfisher for answers.

Well , if limbs are for sure now available, ( even not really cheap ) this is a help maybe for decision. Tx again Bfisher

Well now its still the question, if or not the Jaguar have the possibilities for stabilizers .

How does it look with all other devices ? Arrow rest , Springs , sights and so far ?

Whats your mind about the Jaguar ? Isnt too hard for beginners ?

Im still not sure what to do,ofc, money is a factor, but 20-30 euro more or less doesnt matter that much for me.
    What would be the best ? starting at 30 LBS ? or lesser ?
    Wich device matter ? Sight ? Arrow rest ?
    hm..a lot of questions

Relayer

ohhhh.... i sent btw, a mail to Martin , and didnt got any answer for now...

Destroyer

What will you be doing, target or hunting? Target I'm guessing from the choices you have listed.

Quote Originally Posted by Relayer View Post
    Whats your mind about the Jaguar?
    Wouldn't be my first choice. I don't like shooting a recurve with so much cut out on a riser, its only my personal preference though. The bow is cheap and if you don't continue with archery, it would mean less wasted money, a good thing.

The KAP Winstar 2 and KAP Winstorm Limbs would be a much better choice for a target bow, but much more expensive too!

A guide that might help.
    http://www.archersreference.co.uk/download.html (english)

Draw weight? 25# to 30#, wouldn't go any heavier for a beginner on targets. Most beginners tart with 25#. Going heavier you risk developing bad shooting habits that will be difficult to overcome latter on. The best thing with a take down bow, you can buy heavier limbs if you need to, sometimes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Relayer View Post
    Hi Montalaar,

Lets write german now motalaar, i hope none will be mad about those few lines

Also, ich wohne in deutschland, obwohl nicht deutscher, ich bin seit 23 jahre hier, und bin etwas südlich von münchen.

naja, ich werde sogar in wenige minuten eventuel nach münchen fahren zu Lach, die haben da die KAP combibnation, und ich könnte ausprobieren, dadurch könnte ,der Jaguar entfallen. Ich bin eben nicht sicher was am besten zu tun ist.Es wurde mir gesagt das keine stabilizator and der jag montiert werden können, mag also noch ein minus punkt sein, den ich denke eher an feld / scheiben schiessen als 3-D oder so.Könnte also sein das KAP hier, besser wäre.

Was meinst du ?

Greeting from Bavaria
    I don't have any problem with you two guys conversing in German, except that I can't join in. Your English, like Simon's, is pretty decent, but I can live with whatever makes you feel more comfortable.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

In terms of resell value the Jaguar is a catastrophy in germany...

I started with the KAP Winstar around 10 years ago and some friends of me still use it. Very solid bow and not the expensive either. I would recommend to think about that one, too.

The Jaguar was not build as a Recurve bow but as a Compound Riser some years ago. The WInstar is invented for Recurve archery..
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

lindsey8555

hello Guys, Im a newbie. Hope you welcome me with all your hear.