Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Martin Threshold

merkeyp

Default Martin Threshold

Hello all i have a martin threshold and i have had problems with my cable going past the set screw drawstop and getting stuck at full draw. i just put a new string and cable on after bass pro messed my original string and cable up while trying to put it back on. It is wearing really bad on my cable where it comes in contact with the string stop. Is there anything i can do to fix the over draw problem. i have read that you can put a washer under the set screw to make it stick out farther. any help is greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Could you please post us a photo? I cannot believe that the draw stop is causing this problem? Is it possible that you have massive cam lean or a not properly setup bow?

Btw:
    The HowTo at Bowsite is quite scary. I would NEVER use glue on my string.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

I am thinking the same.! Something is not right with how it is setup.
    Maybe the cable guard rod is set where it is pulling the cables way too far over.??
    Some pics would be really good.

Post Thanks / Like

If someone is interested i could make a how to for small servings as they re used to fix the peep or a kisser. But that is just by the way (if someone wnats it.. just tell me to do it).

The Drawstop should not touch the cable in any way!
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm... The problem may be that the draw stop is too short and not actually stopping the bow letting the cam over rotate and cause the cable damage when it rubs over the end of the module. Someone referenced a washer under it which may actually work.
    Does the stop contact the limb and stop the draw or will it let you pull past it?
    Also is the stop adjusted so that it stops the cam rotation before the cables run off the end of the module?

Post Thanks / Like

Hey folks.

While researching about the Advantage i fell over one maybe important thing. The Treshold has no Martin Cam isntalled. We do not know if the Draw stop has to contact the limb or the cable or anything else..
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Montalaar View Post
    Hey folks.

While researching about the Advantage i fell over one maybe important thing. The Treshold has no Martin Cam isntalled. We do not know if the Draw stop has to contact the limb or the cable or anything else..
    As with a lot of these type questions a picture would be worth it's weight in gold.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Default threshold Bow string

I have had similar issues, I bought the Threshold back in Jan. 2010. I have replaced two strings on it. One broke on me on Draw during target practice. That is when I noticed the draw stop hitting the string. It wore the string an it gave away. It was rubbing the string on draw. I placed a washer under the stop bolt and it hits the string straight on now and doesnt rub it. I placed some medical tape on the string where it contacts it. I have had no problems since then. I am sure there is a deaper problem but with my inexperience I dont know. Does Martin have a fix for it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tlyngrn View Post
    I have had similar issues, I bought the Threshold back in Jan. 2010. I have replaced two strings on it. One broke on me on Draw during target practice. That is when I noticed the draw stop hitting the string. It wore the string an it gave away. It was rubbing the string on draw. I placed a washer under the stop bolt and it hits the string straight on now and doesnt rub it. I placed some medical tape on the string where it contacts it. I have had no problems since then. I am sure there is a deaper problem but with my inexperience I dont know. Does Martin have a fix for it?
    As mentioned to the OP way back when, can you post a picture or pictures?
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Default Washer under draw stop

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
    Hmmm... The problem may be that the draw stop is too short and not actually stopping the bow letting the cam over rotate and cause the cable damage when it rubs over the end of the module. Someone referenced a washer under it which may actually work.
    Does the stop contact the limb and stop the draw or will it let you pull past it?
    Also is the stop adjusted so that it stops the cam rotation before the cables run off the end of the module?
    I placed a thin aluminum washer under the head of the draw stop becuase it was rubbing the string. I had one brake on draw one time because of the wear. It pushed the head of the stop just enough that it did not cause anymore issues, but it still contacts the string causing it to wear in that contact area. It will eventually be a problem so you have to constantly inspect the contact are on the string to look for any wear or frays on the string. I placed some medical tape on the contact area and used a black marker on the tape to help eliminate the premature wear.