Thread: New Here. Buying a Cheetah

Bryan88

Default New Here. Buying a Cheetah

I wanted to get some feedback about the Martin Cheetah. My archery season started last week and Im having "issues" with my current bow and am less than pleased with the support Im getting from the bows manufacturer. Anyone shooting a Cheetah with the Accu-Trac cam, and if so, any problems or issues I should know about before I get it on its way? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

First use the search function. There are lots of threads about the Cheetah.
    If you have any specific questions there are lots of people here who can help. Personally I don't like short bows so haven't had any experience with it.

And welcome to the Tech Forums. Please fill out your profile so we may get to know you better.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Bryan88

Thanks. I'll have to figure this stuff out. Im fairly new to computers. I am finding that they have a wealth of info.

biggdogind

Ive had my cheetah for 3yrs now and love it.. I shot my first 3D turnament the past week and did pretty good with it.. I couldnt believe how cheap the bow was when i looked at the price for what you get with the bow.. I like the shorter bows for hunting..

Bryan88

Thanks. Im wishing I had got a Cheetah last year instead of what I got. And ya, the price is great, especially since all I need is a bare bow. How do the factory double helix string and cable hold up? Just wondering, because my single cam now, chews up every buss cable bottom serving I can throw at it. Bad module design on mine.

biggdogind

mine seem to be holding up fine.. I havent done anything to the bow yet. Im getting ready to put a new slider on the cable gaurd tommorw. And thats just because of the new one I got I can tie into it with the drop away arrow rest that I have.

Bowhunter_IL_BT

Default Get the Cheetah !!!

Bryan88 do yourself a favor and get the new Cheetah bow. I switched over from a Bowtech and Im glad I did. I sold the Bowtech to partially pay for a new crossbow from my gf.

I like the new design of the Cheetah and the nice thing about the new Acc-Track cam is that it comes with a draw stop like on top end bows. I am a short draw archer but I found this bow to be very forgiving and I love the new thermal grip. It has a wide variablility for draw wt 40-60 lbs. or 55-70 lbs. You may have to get a custom string for the bow since Martin's gold series bows don't come with great strings. I bought a custom string from a guy in PA called H&M strings for half the price as a Winners Choice. It is holding up very well. This bow is the best bang for your buck guaranteed! My groups were just as tight if not tighter with this bow than the Bowtech I had.

If you compared the Martin Cheetah to the Mathews DXT you would see they basically have the same specs and the Cheetah is $500 less in price. I was able to get my bow a little less by buying it on Ebay from a dealer. Overall you will not be disappointed wherever you decide to get it. Give me an update when you get the bow.

Bryan88

Thanks for the input. I think Im going to wait another week to get it ordered. My bow season will be over and I wont be trying to swap everything out with hunting left to do, and trust me, I would do that. Ive been digging everywhere I can and reading threads on here about the bow, and other than a few riser and limb issues with older Cheetahs, all Im hearing is good things. Looking forward to owning it and being able to come on here and talk about it.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a new 2010 Cheetah with the ccs and sts, I like it real well.I don't think you will be dissapointed.Smooth draw,good backstop and not to loud.

cplgibson

Default cheetah

go for it mine is about month old, love it. Did by new custom string and cable from the local martin bow mechanic, bought mine from Dicks Sporting goods for cheap bought css, apache rest, 1/2 dozen carbon arrows, custom string set for less than most dealers. did go to local dealer for set up. shhots good for short ata bow and "realy spits an arrow" as the bow mechanic said after shooting string in for me.