Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: cat 2 cam timing

Post Thanks / Like

Default cat 2 cam timing

is there any place on line other then at that shows how to adjust the cables and timing on the cat 2 cams? mine is on a martin warthog.

Post Thanks / Like

is there any place on line other then at that shows how to adjust the cables and timing on the cat 2 cams? mine is on a martin warthog.
    I guess if you try a few Googles on 'Martin Cat Cam tuning or timing' you might find something. Did you try AT? Their forum will be out of action for about 24 hours I believe.

Post Thanks / Like

ya i have read what they have the problem is i am to stupid to be able figure out how to adjust the cables and was hoping there was a video some were so i could actually see it.

Post Thanks / Like

ya i have read what they have the problem is i am to stupid to be able figure out how to adjust the cables and was hoping there was a video some were so i could actually see it.
    Don't be too hard on yourself Cridertj! I don't think there is a video or you tube on it, but I have seen posted pics on where the cams should be, unfortunately they were on AT. If I didn't have to get to work, I'd help you out.

Post Thanks / Like

it is lat and i will not be able to do much tonight but would like any info or suggestions you have.
    Last edited by cridertj; 08-29-2010 at 04:42 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

You're not stupid. Just inexperienced. There really isn't much to it. It's easier if you can press the bow but if you can't just turn the limb bolts out even amounts till the cables become loose enough to remove them from the cam. Then twist the cables up equal amounts, put it back together and see where they're at. Probably start at about 5 twists per cable.

It's trial and error method. In essence what you are doing is shortening the cables. How much depends on how tight the cables are already twisted.

What you are doing is wrapping up the cables which makes the draw length longer and the draw weight goes up. At the same time you're giving the cam a bit more rotation, which apparently these cams like. Don't forget to readjust the draw stop.

I tried this with my FireCat and didn't like it. The bow has 2.0 cams and is set to the shortest draw length setting now. I didn't like the longer draw length. I'm one of those anal types who can tell when a draw length is 1/4" too long for me. I actually ended up adding twists to the string to shorten it some more and give the cams a smoother feel.

I have some room to work with this on my Alien Z with Hybrix 1.5 cams so may try it again.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

After reading this i have the feeling that it could be useful to make a video about tuning that Cam. What do you think? I could do that next weekend..

And Barry, can you stick threads? We could make Sticky with links to all Howtos and that video then so we can find it and link to it if question about things like that appear.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by Montalaar View Post
    useful to make a video about tuning that Cam.
    Very useful.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Montalaar View Post
    After reading this i have the feeling that it could be useful to make a video about tuning that Cam. What do you think? I could do that next weekend..

And Barry, can you stick threads? We could make Sticky with links to all Howtos and that video then so we can find it and link to it if question about things like that appear.
    One of the things I wish I could do. There'd already be a ton of them at the top so we wouldn't have to be repeating ourselves all the time. So the answer is "NO".

I'll have to talk to admin about it, although I haven't even gotten a response from my last querie.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Okay. I will do a video. But i need your help:

What do you want to see? Explanations on what happens to the Cam if you twist a certain cable? How the Camposition should look like?
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL