Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Threshold cam at an angle on new bow..

Unregistered

Unhappy Threshold cam at an angle on new bow..

Hi, I recently acquired a new Threshold..I fired 12 arrows with it and found it extremely noisy and took it to a bow shop..they pointed out that the cam is sitting at an angle and therefore the string is not sitting straight on the cam..they advised me it was dangerous to fire the bow..has anybody had this before or know what could have caused this?
    Regards,
    Lance
    Durban
    South Africa

Post Thanks / Like

Is the shop you took it to the same place you bought it? If so your best bet is to return there and have them contact Martin Archery. He needn't be a Martin dealer to handle this.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Hotel9

Default bow prob

No I didnt buy the bow from them...and they say they want nothing to do with it as it`s of poor quality and made in taiwan.. I imported 3x thresholds and now the second one has done the same thing..

Post Thanks / Like

You'd better call Martin. I have 2 bows and a crossbow made by the same company from Taiwan and they work well. Of course they are not as good as the ones made in USA, but i disagree with the "poor quality".
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

Alex,
    Do you know if all of Martin's bows are made in Taiwan? This could be the source of most of the problems that we've been having with limbs, cam lean, etc.
    Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

The Treshold is made by PerfectLine in made in Asia.

Risers from all other Martin bows are made in Wallawalla, Washington. I predicate that the limbs are also made in the US as they are cut in Wallawalla, too.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

Simon, it's good to see you here again! With a good answer too
    Baerman, i think the problems are more likely caused by the desire of Martin to be competitive with the other bow companies in bow speed, weight and look at lower price. For example my MOAB is equal with Bear Truth 2 and costs 150 euros less in Bulgaria. And i'm sure that the Asian bow companies use American machines and know-how ... and that many of the parts of the bows "made in USA" are made in China
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your replies, Alex and Montalaar,
    It's enough to make your head hurt......hard to determine the source for anything. My thinking, though, is that since I've had more problems with my last two new bows, both Martins, than with all of my previous bows combined, that there has to be a common reason. I thought that perhaps we had found it....bows made in Asia. Anyway, guess it's just a dead end.
    Again, thanks for your responses.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baerman View Post
    Thanks for your replies, Alex and Montalaar,
    It's enough to make your head hurt......hard to determine the source for anything. My thinking, though, is that since I've had more problems with my last two new bows, both Martins, than with all of my previous bows combined, that there has to be a common reason. I thought that perhaps we had found it....bows made in Asia. Anyway, guess it's just a dead end.
    Again, thanks for your responses.
    Let's wait for.. ten years. All the expensive bow brands will let asian companies build their bows because it is 'better' to let them build there. Means .. less expenise. As you may know china owns more than 40% of all USD and around 1/3 of all €.. Quite alarming...
    Last edited by Montalaar; 09-21-2010 at 12:56 PM.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Montalaar View Post
    Let's wait for.. ten years. All the expensive bow brands will let asian companies build their bows because it is 'better' to let them build there. Means .. less expenise. As you may know china owns more than 40% of all USD and around 1/3 of all .. Quite alarming...
    Tell you the truth i don't think this is such a problem. Back in the 80's Japan was considered a great threat for the Western economy and what happened - nothing. Economy is very important, but it's not the most important thing. I find the problem with the aging of the europeans, the decaying of moral and the unstopable march of the islam and the hordes of immigrants far more alarming. And what's the answer of our "leaders" - to ban the 100W electric bulbs and the powerful hoovers