Thread: Martin Fury XRG Limbs

Bob Bruce

Default Martin Fury XRG Limbs

Can anyone help. The top limb on my Martin Fury has developed a nasty crack so I would like to know if I can source new limbs. When I bought the bow the dealer did not have the 55-70lb limbs for a fury so he took them off a rage as he said that apart from the top transfers they were the same thing. So I had a Martin Fury bow with Fury cams and limbs that had Rage transfers on them. This bow has been very good but now that this crack has appeared I would like to find some new limbs. The dealer over here in the UK asked me what numbers where on the side of my limbs (10M) but he said all he had in stock was 7H? Can anyone tell me what these numbers mean and where I can get the correct limb from?
    The other question was regarding the limb pocket shape, I was asked is it round or square? Mine is square but I don't understand this, did the Fury's limb pockets get redesigned???

Post Thanks / Like

How long are the limbs? I'll bet they are 14" or 16". Martin may have some 14's, but I have doubts about the 16" limbs. You could still contact them to find out.

Info about the limb numbers. If your 10M limbs give you 70# then 7H will do about 55# to 57#. Each successive number changes the draw weight by 5#. The letter mean low (L), medium (M), and high (H). Starting at the L a medium would produce about 2-3# more and H would do 2-3# more over that.

You might also try a post on www.archerytalk and place it in the classified section under WTB. Lots more members there, like well over 100,000.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Bob Bruce

Default XRG Limbs

I'm not sure exactly how to measure these limbs but if I measure from one extreme end to the other following the curve of the limb on the bow then I get 17".
    Can you provide an email address at Martin where I can ask about the possibility of sourcing these limbs as my email account is googlemail and on the Martin website when you try to post a query through the website it says that it won't work with googlemail????

Thanks for your help it is appreciated

Bob

Destroyer

Ring Martin if possible. Sounds like 17" limbs, not sure if you can still get them, I couldn't get square ended (pocket end) 13" limbs for my 2007 Pantera but good luck any way.

Post Thanks / Like

XRG (or Elite) limbs (17") were all made with the square butts. They were discontinued last year so Martin may or may not have any available. They are all enterchangable however the ones that came on some bows are machined to use round bearings to align in the limb pockets and some are machined to use a steel 'mushroom' for alignment with the pin or 'stem' part fitting into the limb. You can probably get a set by asking in the classifieds on AT - just be sure to get the style that is right for your bow or get the alignment balls or schrooms that you will need with them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Bruce View Post
    Can anyone help. The top limb on my Martin Fury has developed a nasty crack so I would like to know if I can source new limbs. When I bought the bow the dealer did not have the 55-70lb limbs for a fury so he took them off a rage as he said that apart from the top transfers they were the same thing. So I had a Martin Fury bow with Fury cams and limbs that had Rage transfers on them. This bow has been very good but now that this crack has appeared I would like to find some new limbs. The dealer over here in the UK asked me what numbers where on the side of my limbs (10M) but he said all he had in stock was 7H? Can anyone tell me what these numbers mean and where I can get the correct limb from?
    The other question was regarding the limb pocket shape, I was asked is it round or square? Mine is square but I don't understand this, did the Fury's limb pockets get redesigned???
    I have some 8M's for sale if your interested. 17" Elite Carbon(black).